Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Gas cooktop replacement

We have a Atwood 3 burner cook top in our coach. I'm thinking about replacing it with another LP type, But want to go with a top end unit since we fulltime and use it a lot!
Just wandering if anyone has done this and source for a good replacement.
thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #2

We're still on the fence on making change. We feel we have a robust enough battery bank and solar panel system, that we'd be OK with induction top.

For now, we've decided to retain the current LP for now, and try a few months of travel with a counter top induction unit. My DW usually 'OK' with the LP unit, with exception of boiling water for say pasta, and a dishes that having a hotter pan would be better. We think the induction will do this for us, but will see.

Long range we too may swap out the LP to a single higher BTU burner. Add a second counter top induction if she decides she wants a 2nd unit. (We have the space for storage while traveling.) We'd then cut the stove top counter top in half, which would provide her with more counter space when needing the single side LP.

We wanted to have counter top capability, so that we could move things outside for those items that have quite an ongoing odor - plus we both enjoy cooking outside. We always travel with a 12GA extension, that will be robust enough to provide power outside.

If you search not just for RV's but for boats too, you will find some LP options of higher quality and higher BTU LP stove tops.

Best to you on your decision. And please let us all know what you end up doing, as it will help us all with future decisions of our own!
Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #3

Seaward Cook Tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogsbarkin View Post
We have a Atwood 3 burner cook top in our coach. I'm thinking about replacing it with another LP type, But want to go with a top end unit since we fulltime and use it a lot!
Just wandering if anyone has done this and source for a good replacement.
thanks
We put in a Seaward Princess 2277. We had one in our previous coach and liked it so that's what we went with when we decided to replace the electric cook top in this coach. Two burners allow one to be a little larger and deliver a little more heat. I think the large burner is rated at 10,000 btu. It's much nicer to cook on than a 120 vac electric element.

Since this cook top is aimed at the boat market it is most commonly available at marine supply outfits. I got mine at West Marine but I don't know if they still carry them.

Seaward cook tops

Images of our cook top installed

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #4

cook top

I found this
looks like I may be able to get 2 burner gas and 2 burner induction all in the same space.
BUT close to $1000.00 it will need to wait bit!!!

RambleWood Equipment & Conslting Limited -- Products
Old 02-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogsbarkin View Post
I found this
looks like I may be able to get 2 burner gas and 2 burner induction all in the same space.
BUT close to $1000.00 it will need to wait bit!!!

RambleWood Equipment & Conslting Limited -- Products

This could require some extra electrical work as it looks like a 240V. Doable, but just be aware of it.

Can't recall which board or forum I read it on. But Docj (WiFi Ranger ambassador, and an OK guy - even though he is a Beaver owner vs the Cool Country Coach owners!) (It's one of the good years of Beavers, a fine coach, and Doc is as mention, an all right Dude!), ran an extra 20A outlet, fished over from his Washer/Dryer combo. He has counter top oven and induction burner, so liked having the ability to augment the normal kitchen outlet line.

If we installed a in counter Induction, we'd keep it with 120V, and feed a dedicated line from the circuit board run.

Good luck on your research!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, replace, gas