Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #15

funny, I have a set of New koni 88 1668sp1 shocks that came with the coach, I have been told they are the wrong shock and I have trying to find the right Koni shocks for the CC concept
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrylife View Post
funny, I have a set of New koni 88 1668sp1 shocks that came with the coach, I have been told they are the wrong shock and I have trying to find the right Koni shocks for the CC concept
Your Gillig parts book should give the correct part numbers.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by davzcarz View Post
Darstar,

What shocks did you end up going with on your CCC and are you happy with them?

I have a 40' CCC on the Gillig chassis and need shocks in a bad way. I installed Comfort Control Valves on the front air bags which helped slightly and will install them on the drive axle air bags when I replace the shocks. On my coach someone put the drive axle shocks (Koni 90-1951) on the front axle and I'm not sure what is on the drive axle. The Koni rep told me the drive axle shocks are way too soft for the front axle and I need the original Koni 90-1968P shocks on the front.

I am considering the Road King shocks but they quoted me $395 per shock compared to $190 for the Koni, so more than double. I also looked into Bilstein but can't seem to find a crossover for the Koni number.

Thanks
I went with the Koni's. Coach is still in shop , new tile,carpet and step treads,been there all summer, maybe in a week or so , I hope !
Old 08-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #18

cntrylife, try contacting Greg Bootes at CC. He helped me get the correct Koni part numbers for my Concept. The Gillig numbers that I got are there (Gillig's) part numbers which don't correspond to any other manufacturers.

Darstar, I ended up ordering the Koni adjustable (90-1968) for my front axle directly from Koni. Slightly higher than other sites but I know they have them in stock and shipping was only $15 for the front pair.

I'm hoping to take my Concept to a local truck alignment center next week and get the front end aligned and the shocks installed. Also ordered the Control Ride Valves for the rear axle air bags. I'm hoping for a big improvement in the ride and handling, we'll see.

David
Old 08-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davzcarz View Post
cntrylife, try contacting Greg Bootes at CC. He helped me get the correct Koni part numbers for my Concept. The Gillig numbers that I got are there (Gillig's) part numbers which don't correspond to any other manufacturers.

Darstar, I ended up ordering the Koni adjustable (90-1968) for my front axle directly from Koni. Slightly higher than other sites but I know they have them in stock and shipping was only $15 for the front pair.

I'm hoping to take my Concept to a local truck alignment center next week and get the front end aligned and the shocks installed. Also ordered the Control Ride Valves for the rear axle air bags. I'm hoping for a big improvement in the ride and handling, we'll see.

David

I hope so too. I have put a lot of fath In my shop , best place ever , a real find and half the price anywhere else !! So , I hope they know what's best. My bill shows 2-PROSH850 59.00 each and 2 Koni 90-1951SP1. 250.00 each. And 2 Koni 90-1951 also 250.00 each. They did the alignment ( large rack-check only. ? ). For 125.00
So far that's all I know,maybe by end of week I hope. Not sure what all these numbers mean ?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #20

I will have to email Mr Bootes,

There are several online sources that say these are the correct shocks for the concept on the Ghillig chassis but they look nothing like what is on there now. If Greg says they are right I trust him but I am curious to say the least

Koni 88-1668SP1 - Ford F53 V8 Rear (88-98) / Country Coach Gillig Chassis Rear / Freightliner FL60 Front / Freightliner XCS Leaf Spring Front
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, shocks