Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
Dave I did look up the old number and they have discontinued it but the number you have, 90555105 is, according to haldex the replacement valve.

Good luck...
Thanks Bill, appreciate it. Found them on line for $83.60, I have a local frame shop that will install and adjust them and going to have them check out my driveline while it's there. Safe travels this summer.

Dave
1999 CC Allure 36 DTSG #30317
USAF Retired
dhetrick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2018, 05:01 AM   #16

Hey Dave that's the best thing to do I think. I replaced one of mine and the other two went bad while on the road, should have replaced all three at once as I was told LOL. The ones replaced on the road were set as close as possible but I took rig to a frame shop to fine tune it to be sure as my shop doesn't have a level surface anywhere suitable for accurate settings. I also had the frame shop give everything a look over just while there and they did a state inspection. I do know our coaches ride a little low and I kind of don't like that part but that's how they are designed, just have to keep her out of the mud LOL. Good idea on the frame shop and hope all works out nicely. I am looking forward to the next weekend trip to take our out again.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:36 AM   #17

Not trying to hijack Dave's thread but our coaches are only 10 builds apart and we have shared many questions between us. I had similar issues as Dave had and just got the coach back from the shop. The left rear (DS) ride height valve went south on me and I as well as Dave had the dreaded harmonic howl.

They installed a new valve, adjusted the height and this old gal drives better than a new one. The tech said that it must have been going out for a long time as I would have noticed it if it had just totally quit.

Anyway hopefully Dave yours will do the same once you get it back.

The shop I used is in Phoenix, Premium Coach Group on south 7th street below the ball park. Luxury Motorhomes - Buy Sell Consign They treated me well, no complaints. Primarily Luxury coaches, Prevost, CC's, Foretravel etc.

Good luck on the repair..
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #18

I would never just change out one valve. They are easy to change out, plus the time it takes to get everything level afterwards, it just doesn’t make sense.

When seals in a valve start going bad they will start using a lot more air. Symptom of this is your air system will cycle more frequently. The valves comes off your wet tank, there is no gauge for this tank, so there is no way to monitor it, except for the cycling of your compressor.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
I would never just change out one valve. They are easy to change out, plus the time it takes to get everything level afterwards, it just doesn’t make sense.

When seals in a valve start going bad they will start using a lot more air. Symptom of this is your air system will cycle more frequently. The valves comes off your wet tank, there is no gauge for this tank, so there is no way to monitor it, except for the cycling of your compressor.
Brett I absolutely agree with you but I got caught in a pinch. I was down to a couple of days before we take off and the shop that was supposed to do the job calls at the last minute and tells me they can't get to it.
The service manager at premium coach listened to my story of woe and slid me in to get it done. Also they only have access to the pit for two hours in the morning so i'm feeling lucky they got the one fixed. We will be stopping in Sandpoint, ID for a month and I'll do my best to get the other two installed.

I have changed them before but that's back when I was younger and had ramps built. Getting a little more difficult to crawl under the coach these day...
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #20

I have changed them before but that's back when I was younger and had ramps built. Getting a little more difficult to crawl under the coach these day...[/QUOTE]

I hear you, was having the same issue with inner ear, and no longer can lay flat. Sounds like you’ve got a good shop with a pit, may want to wait until you return home.
Enjoy your trip
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #21

So I just got the coach back from the local frame shop, I had them replace all three RHC valves which appeared to be the original Hadley valves with fixed rods. I supplied them with the Haldex replacement 90555105 valves which have the adjustable linkage and they set the ride height. The coach seemed to ride better on the way home but still have a little bit of harmonic vibration. I decide to check out the installation after I got home and saw that they left the horizontal rod full length and is sticking out the back of the valve about six inches. ( see photo) I don't think this is correct and that the rod should be cut off ? plus I think they set the front RH 8" from the bottom of the frame to the top of the air bag bracket instead of the bottom of the bracket and is about an inch too high.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RHV linkage.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	210632  
USAF Retired
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #22

Can anyone verify the correct measurement location for my front RH? I have the RH measurement of 8" from the bottom of the frame to the bottom bag mounting plate, but is that the top of the plate or bottom of the plate? The mounting plate is 1" thick.. It appears that the shop that installed my RH valve set it to the top of the plate. Trying to figure out if that is correct.
Thanks Dave
USAF Retired
Old 07-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
I do know that my Gillig Chassis manual has the ride height measurements for our rig in it.

Perhaps you have a chassis manual with the correct info for your rig?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhetrick2 View Post
Can anyone verify the correct measurement location for my front RH? I have the RH measurement of 8" from the bottom of the frame to the bottom bag mounting plate, but is that the top of the plate or bottom of the plate? The mounting plate is 1" thick.. It appears that the shop that installed my RH valve set it to the top of the plate. Trying to figure out if that is correct.
Thanks Dave
Hopefully this will take you to the "Files" section here on iRV2 and allow you to download the ride height specs.for your coach.

As one can see the document is limited to a few years but it looks like yours falls within the window.

Ride Height

Let me know if it does not work and I can email the document to you.

HTH
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
I don't have a level pad to work from. My shop is black top and stone but not level. So I got them as close as I could and took it to a frame shop near us to check everything over.

So it's not a tough task you just should have a nice level surface for final settings. Also drive up on wooden 6x6 as the coach will drop when valves are replaced.
Why does it matter is the ground surface is level or not? Are you not just measuring the height of the air bags (from bottom of bag to top. Or whatever measuring points the manual says to use).

Does it matter if the ground is sloped - won't the air bags fill to the same height regardless of ground being level or not?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
Hopefully this will take you to the "Files" section here on iRV2 and allow you to download the ride height specs.for your coach.

As one can see the document is limited to a few years but it looks like yours falls within the window.

Ride Height

Let me know if it does not work and I can email the document to you.

HTH
I do have this document, thank you. I knew what the measurement was just unclear whether the 8" distance is to the top of the airbag plate or the bottom of the plate because there is approx. 1" difference. I talked to Kevin Waite just a little while ago and he verified that the distance is to the bottom of the plate. Thanks for the responses.
USAF Retired
Old 07-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Why does it matter is the ground surface is level or not? Are you not just measuring the height of the air bags (from bottom of bag to top. Or whatever measuring points the manual says to use).

Does it matter if the ground is sloped - won't the air bags fill to the same height regardless of ground being level or not?
It does matter if the ground is sloped, (not Level) the bag on the low side will be taller because it will try to level the coach so the measurements will be different.
USAF Retired
Old 07-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #28

When changing over to the Haldex 90555105 leveling valve, does anyone have the part numbers for the linkage and other associated parts to make the conversion?
Jerry
2005 Country Coach Inspire Quad Slide w/C9-400 Kitty Kat, 2013 Honda CR-V, "RVing since 1968". Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration