Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Headlight removal 2000 Allure

I am trying to replace my headlights on my 2000 Allure. I have a new pair, I am just trying to figure out how to get the old ones out. I feel like my arm is way to short.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I am trying to replace my headlights on my 2000 Allure. I have a new pair, I am just trying to figure out how to get the old ones out. I feel like my arm is way to short.
I ran into the same problem when I changed a bulb. Lower the front end as much as you can and you might reach. Otherwise hire an orangutan
Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I ran into the same problem when I changed a bulb. Lower the front end as much as you can and you might reach. Otherwise hire an orangutan
They didn't make this one easy, thats for sure....
Old 06-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #4

If you figure it out let me know how. I wanted to clean mine up or change them out last year. I took one look at it and said not today.
I did change all the rears to led.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Yep I have changed mine out when I was a bit younger. I put the front up on blocks I made for servicing and crawled under it and then sat up and stretched up to reach the lights. The next time I was going to change them was because they had that dull look. My buddy showed me how to clean them up and now they look new and bright. Took about a half hour for each one and only a couple of beers for each
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
Yep I have changed mine out when I was a bit younger. I put the front up on blocks I made for servicing and crawled under it and then sat up and stretched up to reach the lights. The next time I was going to change them was because they had that dull look. My buddy showed me how to clean them up and now they look new and bright. Took about a half hour for each one and only a couple of beers for each
Do you happen to remember how many bolts there were to remove one of these? I see 2 by the turn signal, but not sure what else I need to do
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Do you happen to remember how many bolts there were to remove one of these? I see 2 by the turn signal, but not sure what else I need to do
If memory serves me correct then there are to accessed from the front to adjust the lamp and two from the rear that are used to hold and allow the lamp to pivot. The rear ones I believe are opposite of the front ones.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
If memory serves me correct then there are to accessed from the front to adjust the lamp and two from the rear that are used to hold and allow the lamp to pivot. The rear ones I believe are opposite of the front ones.
Thanks for the help.

I got them done today. From the inside, There are 3 bolts in the turn signal 10mm. Remove it first. Next pull off the retaining clip on the bottom adjuster on the headlight.

On the outside get a small 4mm socket and unscrew the 2 top adjustment bolts all the way until the light comes loose. Reverse the process for installation.

I ordered lights for a 89-91 ford f 150 or Bronco. You will save about half the price if you don't buy the Country Coach ones.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask or PM.

Tags
light, removal