Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad5 View Post
GoHorseyGO, are those from the DNA website you posted earlier?

I looks like they may just bolt right on to my 2000.

Yes.
GoHorseyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Xtralights may have over-extended themselves. Check out a few of the reviews on line:
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Xtralights
Mlfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #31

My Search For Better Headlights Is Over

I too have been looking for a better headlight solution for my 1999 Country Coach Intrigue, to replace the headlights originally used by Country Coach. The plastic headlights are aftermarket replacements that copied 1987 - 1991 Ford Bronco, Ford F-150 and 250 pickups. We all know they are lousy headlights.

Thanks to the frustration of the Pre 1992 Bronco and F150/250 community, we were given the opportunity to have a kit available that is as easy as removing and replacing a headlight. It uses a 5" x 7" (200 mm) rectangular headlight, that is available in glass headlights, made by some of the worlds oldest and best headlight manufactures in the world. The kit does not come with headlights, so that you can select the headlight of your choice. I chose Hella H4 European spec glass headlights, as I have had them in almost every car I have owned.

The kit consists of three custom made parts; a headlight bracket that mimics the mounting points of the Bronco/F150 headlight we are replacing, a headlight trim ring that attaches the 200 mm headlight of your choice to the new bracket and a custom made bezel that transitions the 200 mm headlight size to the larger opening Country Coach made for the Bronco/F150 headlight. Although the bezel is plastic, it is coated with plastic chrome that looks very well done.

This is the headlight assembly, ready to install in place of the plastic headlight.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1585089466

This is the kit and the headlight I purchased separately.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1585089471

This is the headlight sitting in the opening for a test fit. All attaching points match and will attach and adjust the same as the plastic headlight.

This is the eye chart question. Is it better left, or right?

This is the link to OBS Solutions. The site shows only three kits available. There are also pictures of Ford pickup installations and different headlights that others have selected.

https://www.obssolutions.net/product...=false&q=false

I will post pictures of the finished installation after the rain quits and headlights are fully installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8423.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	278976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8434.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	465.6 KB
ID:	278977  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8428.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	278978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8430.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	278979  

Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:04 PM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa Vern View Post
I too have been looking for a better headlight solution for my 1999 Country Coach Intrigue, to replace the headlights originally used by Country Coach. The plastic headlights are aftermarket replacements that copied 1987 - 1991 Ford Bronco, Ford F-150 and 250 pickups. We all know they are lousy headlights.

Thanks to the frustration of the Pre 1992 Bronco and F150/250 community, we were given the opportunity to have a kit available that is as easy as removing and replacing a headlight. It uses a 5" x 7" (200 mm) rectangular headlight, that is available in glass headlights, made by some of the worlds oldest and best headlight manufactures in the world. The kit does not come with headlights, so that you can select the headlight of your choice. I chose Hella H4 European spec glass headlights, as I have had them in almost every car I have owned.

The kit consists of three custom made parts; a headlight bracket that mimics the mounting points of the Bronco/F150 headlight we are replacing, a headlight trim ring that attaches the 200 mm headlight of your choice to the new bracket and a custom made bezel that transitions the 200 mm headlight size to the larger opening Country Coach made for the Bronco/F150 headlight. Although the bezel is plastic, it is coated with plastic chrome that looks very well done.

This is the headlight assembly, ready to install in place of the plastic headlight.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1585089466

This is the kit and the headlight I purchased separately.

This is the headlight sitting in the opening for a test fit. All attaching points match and will attach and adjust the same as the plastic headlight.

This is the eye chart question. Is it better left, or right?

This is the link to OBS Solutions. The site shows only three kits available. There are also pictures of Ford pickup installations and different headlights that others have selected.

https://www.obssolutions.net/product...=false&q=false

I will post pictures of the finished installation after the rain quits and headlights are fully installed.
Do Just tell the company what I have? order for a bronco? Or do you have part #s?
Old 01-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHorseyGo View Post
I found a YouTube video that shows the 360. Any experts out there brave enough to attempt an install of these and document it with pictures??

I have a very similar set in my Intrigue now waiting for a day warm enough for me to install. I purchased them from Amazon after seeing them in Brian's Coach in his Videos. They don't look terrible to install and I think I can get to the bolts OK.

One thing I have done at the suggestion of my Brother, I have applied three coats of Mequire's Ceramic wax to hopefully help protect the lens a little longer.

I have also replaced my Fog lights with a new set of LED fog lights I purchase from Amazon. Have not had it out on the road since the install but testing in the driveway shows a BIG improvement with them alone.

I will be glad to post picture if the lights and install as soon as I can get too it. I just can fight the cold weather right now. I hate the cold!
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve,N,Jan View Post
Do Just tell the company what I have? order for a bronco? Or do you have part #s?
From OBS Solutions, order the kit that they have for the early Bronco and Ford pickups; the same years and models from which our headlights were sourced by Country Coach.

This is a link to the kit. https://obssolutions.net/products/au...37408065224898

The headlights I used are Hella 200 mm European spec glass headlights, optically far superior to the polycarbonate headlights that deteriorate and leave you with a worthless headlight.

These are the headlights I used in the kit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the LED lights that I have installed instead of the halogen bulbs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are literally like driving in daylight. If you can't see something with these headlights/LEDs, it isn't in front of you.

This is what West Teas looks like at midnight. https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...3&d=1603802781

The most important step in this installation is to properly aim the headlights before you enter any roadway. Properly aimed, these headlights are very kind to oncoming traffic, having the beam cutoff at less than 30" above the ground at 25'.

PM me if you would like some installation pictures or further information.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #35

Bill, you in Yuma yet? Cold as all get out here
Old 01-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Bill, you in Yuma yet? Cold as all get out here
I will be there March 1st. After some rain in Parker today, I am looking forward to improvement over the next week or so. I think you might be warmer by a degree or two.

Bill
Old 01-30-2021, 06:11 AM   #37

I have a question Sherpa. Those look really amazing and I want them LOL. Mine are cloudy and are really bad at the moment. Question is this, do you have the plastic rock shield on the front? I know it has a cut out for the lights but I wonder if the little bit around the lights inhibits the beam? Also, what fog lights did you buy? I have replaced mine but led is always much better.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:57 AM   #38

Amazon part #’s for Headlights & Fog lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfuelman View Post
I have a very similar set in my Intrigue now waiting for a day warm enough for me to install. I purchased them from Amazon after seeing them in Brian's Coach in his Videos. They don't look terrible to install and I think I can get to the bolts OK.

One thing I have done at the suggestion of my Brother, I have applied three coats of Mequire's Ceramic wax to hopefully help protect the lens a little longer.

I have also replaced my Fog lights with a new set of LED fog lights I purchase from Amazon. Have not had it out on the road since the install but testing in the driveway shows a BIG improvement with them alone.
I’m interested in doing the same upgrade for both Headlamps & Fog lights. Would you be so kind to post what item numbers from Amazon to look for? Brian told to just measure the fog lights but if yours work, I’d rather buy what works for sure than the trial & error method.

What kind of issues did you have working around the door step? Did you install an access panel on the passenger side?

Thanks for your input & experience with theses items!!
36’ 1998 Country Coach Intrigue #10579
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/2” Kolak lift & Billstein 5100’s
GoDaddyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
I have a question Sherpa. Those look really amazing and I want them LOL. Mine are cloudy and are really bad at the moment. Question is this, do you have the plastic rock shield on the front? I know it has a cut out for the lights but I wonder if the little bit around the lights inhibits the beam? Also, what fog lights did you buy? I have replaced mine but led is always much better.
I do have the rock shield and do not notice that there is any effect on the headlights. The replacement Hella 200 mm headlights are smaller than the original Bronco headlight assembly. Although the trim ring for the kit is shiny, its only function is to fill the headlight opening and has no other purpose.

I purchased Hella fog lights with clear lenses that are slightly larger than the original fog lights, but mount on the original brackets. My goal was to fit the original opening, with a much better quality fog light. I retained the H1 halogen bulb in the fog lights because they produce a more yellow light. Fog lights should produce a narrow wide beam with a yellow or amber color. They do not have to project way down the road; the beam should be low, wide and flat to reduce reflection from the fog back into your eyes. The Hella fog lights project a focused flat beam that is slightly lower than the height they are mounted and are not blinding to oncoming traffic.

Hella is a quality light manufacturer that has been producing great products for decades.

These are the Hella fog lights that I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Although the LEDs in the headlights are awesome, I am not in any hurry to use LEDs in the fog lights, as my goal was to get fog lights with quality lenses that put the correct colored light in the right place, rather than to have brighter light.

You will not regret installing these "glass" headlights or fog lights. You will never polish your originals to greatness. They were not good headlights when new.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDaddyO View Post
I’m interested in doing the same upgrade for both Headlamps & Fog lights. Would you be so kind to post what item numbers from Amazon to look for? Brian told to just measure the fog lights but if yours work, I’d rather buy what works for sure than the trial & error method.

What kind of issues did you have working around the door step? Did you install an access panel on the passenger side?

Thanks for your input & experience with theses items!!
Mounting the fog lights if fairly easy. They are accessible from below the bumper without even jacking the coach. The one I purchased from Amazon are adjustable both horizontally and vertically with makes them easy to aim and center in your current openings. Mine seem to give MUCH better lighting in my driveway testing so far.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For whatever reason, I cannot find the link to the headlights I purchased. They are totally clear and were about $120. Did an Ebay search for 88 Bronco headlights and picked ones I liked and thought would pass Virginia State Inspection. If they don't do the job as planned, I will bite the bullet and do the sealed beam upgrade shown in the above post, which runs about $360. What I have now (stock headlights) is just about unsafe to drive at night, so I try to get off the road before dark.

I will keep searching for the link to the headlights I have and will post if I can come up with it. Don't understand why it's not in my purchase history????

I do believe I can get to the headlights from below also without removing the steps. Driver's side has plenty of access from below and through the compartment below driver's seat. Passenger's side is gonna be more reaching but I have replaced the bulb with out too much trouble already so I think it can be done.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:48 AM   #41

This is great info. I will be ordering at some point as my headlights are really fogged over. I had to do some night driving on way to florida this year and they were basically candles.

One note to everyone I feel compelled to make. I do a lot of my own mechanics on the farm and for my business, coach too. I get under our coach once a year to grease and service etc. The safest way to get under coach is to drive on on some 2x4 and get the tires up on some 6x6's. This way if something fails or the HWH has a burp and lets air out you won't get crushed. Also it gives decent room to get under and do what you need to do.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
This is great info. I will be ordering at some point as my headlights are really fogged over. I had to do some night driving on way to florida this year and they were basically candles.

One note to everyone I feel compelled to make. I do a lot of my own mechanics on the farm and for my business, coach too. I get under our coach once a year to grease and service etc. The safest way to get under coach is to drive on on some 2x4 and get the tires up on some 6x6's. This way if something fails or the HWH has a burp and lets air out you won't get crushed. Also it gives decent room to get under and do what you need to do.
I also made some ramps from 2X10's to raise my coach. I don't own jack stands with a rating high enough to support this thing so my next trip before I do much more under chassis work will be to buy a 6X6 post to cut into 1' sections to use as blocks under the chassis when I am under there. Not as pretty as Jack stands but plenty strong when laying flat. Anything to keep the weight off if it decides to come down.

My younger brother survived dropping a transit bus on himself several years ago in Florida, I do not feel the need to top that stunt.

Tags
1999, country coach, headlight, light, upgrade