Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

Help fuse problem. Where is it?

Up front on the driver side there are two twelve volt outlets tonight I was working behind the panel where the outlets are mounted "below all the switches and trans shifter" the connector broke lose on one of the outlets and one spark now they don't work. When I check the fuses in the panel in the back no fuse except the one for the 12 volt outlet in the dash and it works. Any help on how to reset or where the fuse is would be helpful

2005 allure
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Perhaps the outlets are split, one powered by the house batteries (fuse panel in back?) the other powered by the chassis battery. That fuse should be in a panel with the rest of the chassis functions, headlights, heater fan, wipers, etc.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #3

Thanks I will look are there any other ideas the coach is at a remote site so before I go and check I would like as many ideas as possible please
Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Look at the fuse panel in the first outside bay on the driver's side.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
Thanks I will look are there any other ideas the coach is at a remote site so before I go and check I would like as many ideas as possible please
While installing a keyless entry lock actuator in my coach I found an inline fuse in the wire that supplied the +12 VDC to the cigarette lighter outlet in the main dash. I've found a couple of other inline fuses in the coach.

If you cannot find the relevant fuse in a panel you may want to follow the wire from the outlet to see if there is an inline fuse.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #6

Our coach has only one 12 volt outlet on the right side of the dash. There is a 20 amp in-line fuse in that circuit.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36' #30783
Cummins ISC 350
BluegrassFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse