Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #1

Help! - Trouble Finding Front Wheel Bearings on 03 Magna

Did a search but found nothing on this.

My coach developed an odd noise that sounded to me like a front wheel bearing going out. I took it to my heavy diesel mechanic who removed the front hubs. When he removed the right front, the inner bearing was in pieces, and fell out onto the floor.

He has searched and searched, but can find none of the parts he needs to put it back together (Bearing, race, and seals).

We have both contacted Country Coach, who is trying to figure this out, but so far. . . I don't even have a part number.

I'm baffled by this. I know CC didn't have these specially made for them. They have to be a bearing/hub/seal assembly that was made for some other application. My mechanic tells me he's never seen bearings like these (and he owns a CC on a Prevost chassis). Says these bearings are huge. . . larger than what's used on the OTR trucks he normally works on.

Has anyone else been through this? Where can these parts be sourced? Even part numbers would help at this point.

Thanks!

Bill B
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #2

Can you get the number off the bearings motion industries in Dallas and Arlington
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If bearing came out in pieces I understand not being able to read numbers, but in your post you said mechanic removed both sides, are there no numbers on the good side?
Should be a oil bath system, was it low on oil? how long/miles has noise been there?
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Carl & Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #4

Take the other side apart and get the numbers.

Thru 35 years of working on heavy machinery and construction equipment, I've never seen a bearing without a number on it.

Also never had a problem finding them. There are speciality dealers that handle bearings and seals.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #5

I was thinking you might find a manual for your front suspension/axle.

Poking around a little, I found this:

Holland IFS Series Maintenance Manual

Says to refer to the coach manufacture's manuals for the wheel bearings though!

Do you know what front setup you have? Maybe there's a better manual for that exact setup that says more?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #6

Good news. . . mechanic found the bearings and races at Purvis Industries.

Bearing Part Number ET-JH415847A.
Race ET-JH415610

The part number on the seal is 30511-21b. We are still looking for the seals. All of his sources say that's a bad part number, but that's what's stamped on the seal.

BTW. . . After reading my earlier post, I understand the confusion. There were part numbers on the items, but no one had or had ever seen the bearing part numbers or parts, and no one recognizes the seal part no. Said it's a bad number.

Country Coach gave it a shot, but has not produced a part number - good or bad - for any of the items.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #7

More good news!

My guy now says he has everything. Apparently Purvis was able to identify the seals. I'll post the part number for the seal(s) as soon as I have it.

Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.

Bill B
Old 01-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I was thinking you might find a manual for your front suspension/axle.

Poking around a little, I found this:

Holland IFS Series Maintenance Manual

Says to refer to the coach manufacture's manuals for the wheel bearings though!

Do you know what front setup you have? Maybe there's a better manual for that exact setup that says more?
tderrone,

Thanks for the link, but I'm pretty sure my Front Suspension is a Ridewell IFS 284. If you've got a link for the maintenance manual to that. . . well, that would be awesome.

Bill B
Old 01-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Take the other side apart and get the numbers.

Thru 35 years of working on heavy machinery and construction equipment, I've never seen a bearing without a number on it.

Also never had a problem finding them. There are speciality dealers that handle bearings and seals.
Spot On! I'm nothing more than a shade tree mechanic, but I'm amazed the mechanic didn't do this. If I have one side bad, I really want to closely inspect the other side. As your mechanic, I wouldn't let you out the door without inspecting the other side or signing a waiver. It recieved the same maintenance as the bad side, and may well be just about to exhibit the same symptoms.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #10

. . . and the saga continues.

Well my mechanic sent his runner down to Purvis to collect the parts. When they got everything back to the shop, everything fit but the bearing. Seems the counter man at Purvis got the part number wrong!

Instead of Bearing Part Number ET-JH415847A, he looked up and pulled ET-JH415847.

Oh. . . and ET-JH415847A they didn't have in stock.

On the suggestion of whem2fish we called Motion Industries. They don't have the bearing here in the Dallas area, but do have it somewhere in Tennessee. Trying to contact them now to get it over-nighted to the shop.

I'm still can't believe how hard this has been. I really thought this was going to be easy.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #11

Use Motion all the time
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Did you find a seal? if so what is that part #
Thanks Carl
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Carl & Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #13

My mechanic does not know how to identify and order parts

A better title for this thread. Nothing exotic in the world of wheel bearings and seals for our rigs.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #14

Part Numbers are confirmed.

Inner Bearing Part Number: ET-JH415847A.
Inner Race: ET-JH415610

Seal: 370025A (National Oil Seals)