Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2020, 11:19 PM   #15

Yep, sounds like Wagon Wheel Ride... HWH? Green light in park, and not 'when you are in Drive'?

I do not know your coaches HWH system. Ours, 04 Allure, we have manually activate Level when coming into a park. (And it does the stuff that HWH does to fine level! Red Lights on off level sides/corners - until, well level!.)

When getting ready to leave, after starting engine and monitoring error pressure levels. I also hit the 'Travel' mode. This light, on my system, green light blinks until the coach is in travel mode settings - then solid green...

Suggestions:
-Start coach
-Let fast idle until air gauges are good
-Activate 'Travel' mode on HWH
-Observe until you see Travel Mode light is Solid Green
-Then go outside an check your Front tire gap from top of tire, to bottom of fender flair. Our 04 Allure 40', is approximately 2 1/2 - 3" gap.

You could have a failed Front Air Level Sensor gone bad, and the Front Air bags are not riding where they should....

Best of luck. And please close the loop and let us know what you find out!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IASM View Post
Recently, and suddenly, the ride on our 05 Inspire has just gone to [moderator edit]. We hit the tiniest divot/bump/lump or nickle sitting in the road and both front and back suspensions bang so hard your teeth rattle.

This seems odd. It implies the system was working. Shocks slow the speed of travel so not likely they got stiff. The only thing that would cause your description is the coach riding on the travel stops or near the stops. This is all controlled by ride height or the air system for the bags. Do you have the ride height specs??
I do not have the specs, but will get them. I've spoken to a couple more folks and am leaning more and more towards the ride height valve, so will confirm. I know Kevin has them in stock, but I also know I can get them at Napa if I can find the part number. Seems odd that more than one of them would go out at the same time. I'm going to measure some things this am. Once again, thanks all for the help.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #17

If anyone needs the specs for all suspensions i have them but the file is to large to post on this site. PM your email and i will send.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Update. After crawling around for a while, I have honed in on the right rear ride height valve. I moved the bus to a flat spot and noticed a list. Taking a look, the right rear air bag was flat. I'm still a little perplexed, because the obvious list (about 3 inches side to side) was not there last time I looked. Its hard to know the status of the other two valves, but being a belt/suspender kind of guy, I may replace all three. This stuff makes my head hurt. I've got a call in to Kevin to get his take on it and have him send over the valve(s). I know they can be had locally, and perhaps at a lesser price, but Kevin is a wealth of help and I try and support him when I can. We'll see.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtjester View Post
Update. After crawling around for a while, I have honed in on the right rear ride height valve. I moved the bus to a flat spot and noticed a list. Taking a look, the right rear air bag was flat. I'm still a little perplexed, because the obvious list (about 3 inches side to side) was not there last time I looked. Its hard to know the status of the other two valves, but being a belt/suspender kind of guy, I may replace all three. This stuff makes my head hurt. I've got a call in to Kevin to get his take on it and have him send over the valve(s). I know they can be had locally, and perhaps at a lesser price, but Kevin is a wealth of help and I try and support him when I can. We'll see.

Di you try to move the linkage to see if the valve was working? Is your tag in the down position and aired up? I have seen situations where the tag lift action causes a locking of the drive axle bags. You should have a spare and if you have a jack and can pull the wheels of the drivers its an easy swap.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote