Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7433.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	180353
gctexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #16

Forgot I had this
Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
What is it?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #18

Hydra hot I was asked to post a pic of related to no hot water
Old 10-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #19

I don't think that hydra hot makes domestic hot water.

You say gas stove inoperable? As in no gas? Propane tank on? I am not sure if the propane detector is supposed to be blinking or not but re set it. Turn it off and on again then see if stove works. If not look in propane tank bay. Follow the flow of propane out of the tank through the pipe. After the tank shut off valve will be an electric shut off valve. This is the propane detector shut off device. Make sure the two electrical connectors are connected. Maybe wiggle them and see if that is it.

You should have hot water if plugged into ac though.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #20

Ok must have been air in the line. Gas is now working to the stove and we now have hot water!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #21

Hot Water Heater Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctexas View Post
Ok must have been air in the line. Gas is now working to the stove and we now have hot water!

You will likely experience air in the line anytime you have turned off the gas for an extended period of time. First thing I always do after turning on the gas is light the stove. This also helps clear the line if your running the refrigerator off of gas as well.

If your hydra hot works like mine did (my water heater has been replaced with a gas/electric Suburban heater) it will heat the hot water when either the engine or Webasto is running which is why you would have a supply of hot water after driving.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #22

Good to know. Never had that problem with my Georgie Boy.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #23

Just goes to show us all, that CC made many coaches and models over the years, with a wide arrangement of components!

For awhile their I felt we were all making a fruit salad! (As we had apples, and oranges, and it seem some posts included pineapple and cantaloupe too!).

OP - That was a great tip you received on when first re-firing up the propane after longer periods of non usage, to cycle on/off the stove top until you get the flames running...

Before we stored our coach with power, we would turn off the Salesman Switch at the door, on the way out. This would then give us the BEEP, BEEp, Beep, Beep, beep of the LP Detector, upon turning the switch back on. (We did this in purpose, vs turning off the LP detector before heading out of the coach. As a few times we forgot to reset the LP detector. If we did not due the stove top air purge of much of the LP line (In our coach.), the Propane firing up the fridge could take up to 6-8 times. Once we started purging the air out via the stove top, usually the Norcold 1200 would start up on the 2nd or 3rd time.

Enjoy your coach, and stay cool!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctexas View Post
The unit shown is a Hurricane unit. It is diesel fired, not propane. By looking at the hose arrangement, it does not supply hot water. Could be wrong, been wrong before. To make this run, you have to have both switches on above the front door "on" and then the thermostat has to be set to "furnace". One of the switches turns on the controller and the other turns on the heat greisters and the two knobs sets the speed of the fans

CC started using a different model of the Hurricane sometime in '03 for coach heat and hot water.

The OP should have a water heater on the other side of the coach which is propane fired and requires the switch above the entry door to be "on"

Oh, BTW, get rid of that cute air filter on top of the unit, it is not needed and cause problems according to Jim Rixen, There is an air filter on the inside of the unit.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:14 AM   #25

While this thread is hot I would trouble shoot why your electric hot water side isn't working. Did you check the re set button?
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjnt View Post
While this thread is hot I would trouble shoot why your electric hot water side isn't working. Did you check the re set button?

No. Where is that? Didn’t see anything about that in the manual.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #27

PM sent
Old 10-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #28

When you turn on the DIESEL switch next to the electric hot water switch, it should fire up your AquaHot system. It will not heat your coach if you turn your coach thermostat OFF, or to COOL. But if you hear your diesel burner fire up, it takes about 20 minutes to heat up enough hot water for continuous hot water for showers etc...assuming your electric hot water heater is on the blink.
gostberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater