Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2022, 08:03 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatesway View Post
Dave, I too learned that Eric's original information was not correct when I blew a bag 2 days after installation! Ouch.
John, I'm so sorry to have steered you wrong. I'm disappointed in Eric, as I'd even gone back to him and asked him to confirm his paperwork for my March installation and he basically "doubled-down" on the incorrect fitments. I'm pleased, though, that he quickly got a replacement 9336 bag to me under warranty last week after the failure occurred, although I still had to pay for labor to install it.

Another poster above mentioned some bag options with metal cones. On our 9336 bag that failed, it looks like the plastic cone was the failure point, so, everything else being equal, having a (presumably stronger) metal cone sounds good to me.

Regarding installing a rear bag with additional lift, I'd want to make sure they can't lift so high as to break the rear shocks. If that would be a possibility, I'd want to have straps to protect the shocks from over-extending.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2022, 05:01 AM   #72

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ55 View Post
John, I'm so sorry to have steered you wrong.
Dave, please don't worry one bit! You passed on information from a trusted guy and he proved to be human as the rest of us! No worries! You've been such a blessing and help to me. Don't give it another moment's thought.

Oh, Gregg Bootes said that the 8184 is crossed to the original bag we had installed from factory. So the overextension issue seems not to be a threat.

If you look at my post above with the description, there is a bracket required and these came with it attached. Good news.

Here is a picture of the new bags (8184) that I'm installing on the rear:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	353202  
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #73

Quote:
Dave, please don't worry one bit! You passed on information from a trusted guy and he proved to be human as the rest of us! No worries! You've been such a blessing and help to me. Don't give it another moment's thought.

Oh, Gregg Bootes said that the 8184 is crossed to the original bag we had installed from factory. So the overextension issue seems not to be a threat.

If you look at my post above with the description, there is a bracket required and these came with it attached. Good news.

Thanks John, much appreciated. Nice to know about the 8184s, this is the first I've heard of them being an option for our coaches. Please let us know how your install goes; I'd like to see how those brackets are connected.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ55 View Post
Thanks John, much appreciated. Nice to know about the 8184s, this is the first I've heard of them being an option for our coaches. Please let us know how your install goes; I'd like to see how those brackets are connected.
I'm also waiting to hear about the 8184's I've also got a 2003 36' Allure w/ 2 slides #30826, I'm finishing up my Wax Valve installation today and Air Bags are next on the list. This thread has been a real help on my research I was about ready to order the Holland bags when I saw the post about the 8184's they have a bracket attached and the others don't, haven't looked to see if there is a bracket on the existing bags that has to be transferred to the new bag. Please let us know how they work out.
thanks
Dan
Old 01-08-2022, 05:41 PM   #75

Quote:

Do these bags have a metal bottom , rather than plastic ? Also i would imagine they would be correct for an 05 XC rear application . What was the cost for the 2 bags . And where were they purchased
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:56 PM   #76
TR4

Just installed my two new rear air bags, thanks John (Gatesway) for the part numbers. Total time about 2 1/2 hours.

First day, block wheels and raise the rear about six inches using the HWH. Install jack stands under the frame rails. I had a 4 x 6 DF laying around, so I cut two 6” pieces. Install the blocks between rear end and frame rails.

Lower the rear using HWH. Note, make sure to hold the down button till ALL the air is out of the bags, otherwise you won’t get the air lines to disconnect. You should now be sitting on the blocks.

Soak upper and lower bolts with penetrating oil. I use 1/2 ATF 1/2 acetone.

Next day, remove air lines from the push to connect fittings. Remove the top nut using 3/4” deep socket. Remove bottom nut using 3/4” open end wrench.

New bags use 1/4” NPT instead of 1/2” NPT push to connect fittings. I got these;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1C3L81...roduct_details
Install these first using your favorite thread sealant.

Install new bags in reverse order. Install air lines. Note, when you push in the air lines, you’ll feel some resistance. They will then go in about another 1/2”.

Raise the rear using HWH, check for leaks, remove blocks, remove jack stands. I left mine in the raised position for a day to make sure the air lines didn’t blow off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4C6365A4-6E91-46C6-A58A-E8F199C81A73.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	354770   Click image for larger version

Name:	8310EEFC-CDE0-4A8C-AA40-5293CFB9535B.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	354771  

Old 01-26-2022, 07:06 PM   #77
Community Moderator

Very nice TR4; that's the way to go .
You used the wood blocks but also used the jack stands. What kind of jack stands were you using?
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #78
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Very nice TR4; that's the way to go .
You used the wood blocks but also used the jack stands. What kind of jack stands were you using?
Thank you, my neighbor is a retired truck mechanic. If I ever need a tool, he has it. He had some tall 20 ton jack stands.

Bill
Old 01-26-2022, 08:09 PM   #79

Bill,

Do you make house calls to NC?

Seriously, so cool you can do that. I would never attempt it. I’ll stay working on the house part of the coach…leave the chassis to the pros.

Glad it worked out for you!

I’ll give you a call soon to check in on you.

Best,
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:24 PM   #80
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
Thank you, my neighbor is a retired truck mechanic. If I ever need a tool, he has it. He had some tall 20 ton jack stands.

Bill
I need to move to your neighborhood...

Have fun!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #81

Can you take the brackets off of the "8184's" my brackets look just like them but the are welded to the frame.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:35 PM   #82
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarrs8585 View Post
Can you take the brackets off of the "8184's" my brackets look just like them but the are welded to the frame.
Yes, I removed my brackets as well.

Bill
Old 03-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #83

I have done all the bags on my coach and replaced height control valves, new air dryer assembly, rebuilt the six packs including new internal plungers and springs. I also went to new "push to connect" fittings however I made a mistake in not confirming these fittings meet DOT requirements. It turned out most did not and I had small air leaks, lesson learned here.

I added manual shut-off valves to top of all air bags and once coach is leveled I can close the valves and coach stays level for weeks actually 2 months so far. This permits working on the rest on the air suspension system, [the coach is sitting on 6" blocks for clearance].

I have now replaced the the new "push to connect" with DOT approved "push to connect" fittings, the difference is they have an internal sleeve [like the original compression type] to absorb vibration side loading etc. With this change the whole system is leak-free.

Upper 2 photos are DOT approved lower are not - no internal sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DOT fitting.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	359072   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOT Tee Fitting.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	359073  

Name:	Non DOT Fitting straight.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	359074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Non DOT Fitting.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	359075  

2001 40 foot Country Coach Intrigue "Suite of Dreams" Build#11294.
Chevy Equinox toad
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:45 PM   #84

Please provide links to the DOT Approved ones you purchased.
1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, air