Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2022, 10:13 AM   #85

Country Coach Owners Club
I used Ebay for some items but they are available at many places on the web.

I wished I'd come across this Ebay seller as he seems to have a great deal of DOT items needed, https://tinyurl.com/37xc6szc good range of what is out there.

1. https://tinyurl.com/mr3hxrm7

2. https://tinyurl.com/ks9rwytz [Used on 6 pack 4 each]

3. https://tinyurl.com/s89sdw8m [Needed 2 on coach at rear after 6 pack]

4. https://tinyurl.com/yvmfhz42 [Used 1 each on 6 pack and many other places.]

Prices are all over the map looking on line.

Good luck.
2001 40 foot Country Coach Intrigue "Suite of Dreams" Build#11294.
Chevy Equinox toad
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzsp250 View Post
I have done all the bags on my coach and replaced height control valves, new air dryer assembly, rebuilt the six packs including new internal plungers and springs. I also went to new "push to connect" fittings however I made a mistake in not confirming these fittings meet DOT requirements. It turned out most did not and I had small air leaks, lesson learned here.

I added manual shut-off valves to top of all air bags and once coach is leveled I can close the valves and coach stays level for weeks actually 2 months so far. This permits working on the rest on the air suspension system, [the coach is sitting on 6" blocks for clearance].

I have now replaced the the new "push to connect" with DOT approved "push to connect" fittings, the difference is they have an internal sleeve [like the original compression type] to absorb vibration side loading etc. With this change the whole system is leak-free.

Upper 2 photos are DOT approved lower are not - no internal sleeve.
Can you posta picture of the manual shut off Valves you added . It seems to be a nice idea
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:19 PM   #87

The shut off valves are quarter turn ball valves stainless steel. Available for a little under $10.

If I have any durability issues with them I can revert back to standard very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_left.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	359289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front-right.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	359290  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear_left.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	359291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear_right.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	359292  

2001 40 foot Country Coach Intrigue "Suite of Dreams" Build#11294.
Chevy Equinox toad
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #88

Yes you can go back . I see them now ! Thanks
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:54 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Please provide links to the DOT Approved ones you purchased.
@Ozzsp250 Thank you for the PM with that info
1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:04 AM   #90

To make the installation easier I rigged up tire valve fittings on the air inlets then used my air conditioning vacuum pump to suck the air bags down flat. Then when they were in place I slowly Let the air into the bags and they expanded work great didn't have to pry or struggle with getting the bags in.
Raysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #91

I wish I could go back and edit old posts in this thread, but that doesn't seem possible. So, here's an update from my perspective. Earlier in this thread I described how I'd suffered the failure of a 9336 rear bag in December, only 8k miles after having new bags installed in March 2021, and had received a new 9336 under warranty. Well, I had another 9336 bag failure just a few days ago. Believe me, I wasn't pleased to have another roadside breakdown, particularly due to a rear air bag failure, less than 4 months after my prior event!

To make a long story short, I've followed TR4 and Gatesway in installing 8184s for my rear bags. They seem far more robust and their full metal cone and bottom is obviously what we need. My original installer, Olstrom Custom Coach in Tucson, tells me that in the event 8184s cannot be obtained then 9336s can be used as long as a supplemental metal plate supporting all of the cone is installed under each bag. I think other folks have said something similar in this thread. I'd like to add kudos for Eric Olstrom, who supported and assisted me remotely and worked with me to make me reasonably whole on my prior purchase of the 9336s.

Everyone seems to agree that 7667 bags are still correct for my coach and mine have been fine since being installed in March 2021. However, I will be having full metal plates added under the 7667 cones, since Country Coach only provided a relatively narrow bar that doesn't contact all portions of each cone -- full support is obviously needed for plastic cones and my own experience bears that out.

I hope my air bag issues will soon be a distant memory and I won't have to think about them again for another 10 years or so

Tags
ags, air