Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2023, 12:02 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
How to remove a upper left side hyd. cylinder

After extensive troubleshooting, HWH told me to remove and replace the seals in the upper left-hand cylinder on the front slide. (style B, train) I have done that on the upper right-hand cylinder and with the curtain opened up everything was accessible. That is not the situation on the left side. So the question is do you have to remove the spice rack wall to get this job done. If so, how do you do so. If you can do it without removing the wall, how is that done, as there is only a small slot with limited access in that area. I remember taking the two hoses out of the train required some access to the rear in order to move the train around. Any tip will help.
2001 Country Coach 40' Intrigue. #11304
Suite of Dreams with factory four person dinette.
fzandome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2023, 10:25 AM   #2

When HWH changed out my hoses, they removed the spice rack and I think the microwave. It has been 20 years so I don't remember that much.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. That is what I was fearing, as I do not see how to do the job without the spice rack wall out of the way. I'm hoping somebody has knowledge if it can be done without taking it out, and if not, where are all the screws/bolts holding it on located.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:13 PM   #4

In our ‘01 36’ Intrigue, #11238, the crown molding is removed by removing the upholstered trim panel first. The mechanism is then accessible.
Don Krahling
Yuma, AZ
adkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:26 PM   #5

Removing the Front Slide Left Upper Hydraulic Cylinder.

For those who read this in the future, the Left Upper hydraulic Cylinder can be taken out without removing the spice wall. You have to work through that access hole that is not bigger than a bicep. A long 1/2 extension, and I mean long, is needed to remove the five bolts that hold the train to the wall and the same with a 1/4” universal hinge/joint socket to take off the hose clamps. You better have long arms to but them back in. People with short arms and large biceps need not apply, and they will have to figure out another way to do it. There is also a lot of feeling around in the dark because with your arm in there, you can't see...... anything. Know what I mean. Getting the lines out of the train is an entirely different topic, but can be done.

Tip, You push the cylinder and train towards the front of the MH until you can swing the cylinder out of the frame. (The cylinder rod/ram needs to be fully retracted) Then you push the removed cylinder and train towards the back wall. Curl the train back on itself, and the cylinder and train comes out the back as an assembly.

Good times.

PS: I never did figure out the way to take off the spice wall, and I'm glad I did not have to. The left lower will, a some point, be an interesting project.

Putting it all back together after HWH rebuilds the cylinder will, I'm sure, be fun.