Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfrombigd View Post
Just purchase 5 year rebuild kit from ITR, I was getting flame out code 7 after 5 seconds of running. I put unit in bypass mode and it would run. I really think the “eye’’ was bad seeing flame. I replaced all parts in kit and took burner assembly out and cleaned it well. Heater works great now. This is about a one hour job. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2910FF0195174D31
This is exactly what my Hurricane was doing and exactly how I got it running reliably. Ordered the parts from ITR too. The “eye” on mine looked a little cloudy, I was thinking it was the likely culprit to the short cycle firing.

Probably just jinxed myself and it’s cold tonight, but it’s been running great all winter.
Twolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2022, 10:38 PM   #16

Just FYI last month, the compressor on my Hurricane finally died. Motor. But it had almost 5,000 hours on it.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhunter View Post
Just FYI last month, the compressor on my Hurricane finally died. Motor. But it had almost 5,000 hours on it.
You burned a lot of fuel
Ours has only about 1100 hours.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
You burned lot of fuel
Ours has only about 1100 hours.
Lots of boondocking in cold weather.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:06 AM   #19

Bird hunter, I see you said your motor died but I thought this was interesting video on pump.
lbfrombigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 10:42 PM   #20

Yes I had seen that video but in my case it was the actual motor. It was drawing way excess amps. They don't last forever!
Old 12-27-2022, 01:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfrombigd View Post
Just purchase 5 year rebuild kit from ITR, I was getting flame out code 7 after 5 seconds of running. I put unit in bypass mode and it would run. I really think the “eye’’ was bad seeing flame. I replaced all parts in kit and took burner assembly out and cleaned it well. Heater works great now. This is about a one hour job. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2910FF0195174D31

Just a note for others. you can test the flame sensor with a flashlight and an ohm meter. Dark no ohms and shine the light you get OHMS.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 06:33 AM   #22

Heating issue - Thank You

To everyone who responded to my heating issue I want to ssy thank you. This is my first time using the forum. For unknown reasons i was able to get the hurricane system back up and running. Did some cleaning and things are goid now. Really dont know exactly why/how it now works but it does.
Next issue - where are the connections, pieces/parts needed for manual retraction of the slide-outs in the event the mechanicsl/hydraulic/electrical system fails? Hasn't happened but just in case. Thanks again to everyone who responded and helped me out. I'm an RV novice so you'll see more of me.
Dave Rocque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Dave, it sounds like you didn't get the manuals for the coach, correct?
You should have a piece with a boat winch on it. Mine was laying loose in the basement.
There is an eye hook on the slide side somewhere on the wall. I think mine is behind one of the drawers across from the table. The winch mounts on the table brace and the strap goes to the slide.
The rear slide attach points are under the bed.
When I get back to the coach, I'll take a picture of the hardware
Old 12-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rocque View Post
Thanks again to everyone who responded and helped me out. I'm an RV novice so you'll see more of me.
Congrats on the purchase Dave. You have found a great source for all of your questions. Just a suggestion to put your coach info in your signature to help those with any experience on the question you might have. The coaches can vary quite a bit year to year.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Evening Star" #11290
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #25

Go to itrheat.com and check out the videos. If you can change spark plugs and filters on your car you can service your Hurricane. Search for YouTube videos on servicing them. Since you are in Florida you may look at marine service places since it was originally a marine product.

I service mine once a year and it takes about an hour. Mostly a matter of removing the burner assembly, cleaning the soot out of the burner, chamber, cleaning the fuel nozzle, flame sensor, and reassembling.

It also recommended you carry a spare service kit In case you have a failure on the road. I'm not a believer in the need to install a new nozzle with every service. These are low pressure burners so there's almost no wear on the orifice. They can get clogged with unburnt fuel goo or soot so a good cleaning with solvent is fine. DON'T stick anything in the orifice. If you have a spare nozzle and the one you take out is really dirty, swap it out and soak the old one to get it clean, then use it as a spare.

For me that hardest part is crawling in the compartment to take it apart.

Doing a yearly cleaning, more often if you use it a a lot is the best way to keep them running. You can often tell when the system needs cleaning by the sound of the burner or the fact it sputters when lighting or the roar becomes irregular.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Dave, it sounds like you didn't get the manuals for the coach, correct?
You should have a piece with a boat winch on it. Mine was laying loose in the basement.
There is an eye hook on the slide side somewhere on the wall. I think mine is behind one of the drawers across from the table. The winch mounts on the table brace and the strap goes to the slide.
The rear slide attach points are under the bed.
When I get back to the coach, I'll take a picture of the hardware
Looking forward to the pictures. Found the front slide out attachment points but no pulling winch anywhere. I've got winch model info so I'll have to order one. Can't find attachment points for bedroom slide out. Hoping your pictures give me that info. Thanks for response.
Dave Rocque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, heat, heating, hurricane, repair, repairs