Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2021, 01:10 PM   #15

OK, yet another update. So, sitting here minding mu own business and the compressor runs. Runs only for about a minute. Before all this started it would run 3 or 4 times a day and run around 5 minutes. My next question is what does the HWH reset switch do?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
OK, yet another update. So, sitting here minding mu own business and the compressor runs. Runs only for about a minute. Before all this started it would run 3 or 4 times a day and run around 5 minutes. My next question is what does the HWH reset switch do?

Sometimes the HWH system goes into “fault” and the System needs a “reset”. Pressing the button will force that reset in the HWH computer brain. Can “fault” for a number of reasons - I press mine when the HWH indicator light lights up in dash and I cannot get travel mode engaged (green). Sometimes it’s sequence of events - I press parking brake release before I hit travel mode - etc etc. usually needs reset after “operator error” - that would be me.

Also check your operator manual. May be a better explanation in there.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #17

Again thanks...checked the books and even googled it. The books weren't much help. From google it looked like it could be the hydraulic slides. Way over my pay grade and a do not touch feature.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #18
Commercial Member

the reset button shuts the control box down, and clears the control box of any existing commands. while you can do many things, just by pushing this or that buttons, its best to let the system do what it is designed to do.
the aux compressor adds air to the leveling system, after the coach is level, and the system has gone to sleep. after 30 minutes, the system wakes up, and checks the level of the coach. it will add air to the low side or end as needed. it then goes back to sleep, and only wakes up if as yellow light comes on. the system will not exhaust air in this process.
if your compressor is coming on frequently, you have as leak.
please feel free to call me at 602 549 3638.
paul maddox
i work full time for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales, or service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #19

Yes, thats the way it use to work, now it runs maybe twice a day for a short time. We are in Quartsite, expect to be in Eugene by 4/12. Thanks will for the your number will call you.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #20

Update: We left Phoenix and leveled the Coach in Quartsite & Indio, no leveling during the day. Bakersfield on Saturday and the Coach leveled exactly how you described it. The next stop was Patterson, no leveling during the day, however during the night we heard an airbag chunking away lasting about 15 per time. Next stop Red Bluff leveled maybe ones or twice. Next stop 7 Feathers again leveling one or twice during the day and a mild chunking during the night. The next stop will be Junction City and plan on spending some time. So we will keep an eye on it and have a service person do maintenance check. As usual thanks to all on this forum
Old 04-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
HWH Slides no power

This coach is still new to me. Every thing about the HWH system has functioned perfectly until last night. However when I pulled out of Silverleaf I unhooked shore and retracted slides and drove back to RV site. Once there the slides didn’t work at all. No lights at either panel and HWH reset switch at front panel did nothing. I’ve never used reset switch before skim not sure what I should see except that it “work” I know if there’s is a problem the HWH reset switch should light up but mine did not.

I do have several red lights on on fwd panel in fwd electrical bay. I also have several red light on in aft panel in aft electrical bay next to transfer switch box. Two red steady lights and one flashing red light on smaller stacked circuit board and one steady amber light. After awhile all lights went out on both panels. I am getting no lights on fwd dash panel either.
2007 CC Affinity 700 custom #6737
ISX600 / CM870 serial number 97166522
f360racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #22

I would say check the hydraulic fuel, Dexron III. That would be in the run bay on the right side, thru a bunch of wires. You should only have one red light on a slide, you should not try to turn the key to on on all of the slides. Believe the brake needs to be set. If that does not work start the coach and make sure its it travel mode, after you hear the woosh level the coach
Old 04-15-2021, 10:33 PM   #23

Not specifically related to Wally's Post, but in the same ballpark - so thought I'd mention a problem we had on our 04 Allure. The Thompson Air Compressor (What was in our coach.) has a clear glass bowl (But, I've seen solid black plastic bowls too, on some coaches.), that has an electronically controlled valve that allows moisture built up by compression of air, to bleed out of the system. Over the years, the moisture built up some on the inside of this bowl, and when dried, crystalized. Once enough crystallization had occurred, and with just a tad bit of road vibration, little pieces of the crystalized 'crud' shook loose, and clogged the valve in the open (Bleeding air.) position. This at first resulted in longer run times as the HWW re-leveled the coach from time to time. And then progressively got worse until the pump could not level the coach.

I added a monthly inspection of the bowl, and every 6 month I'd remove the bowl and valve and clean, regardless of if I could see any build up or not.

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh