Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2021, 02:10 PM   #1

HWH

Back in January I posted a question regarding PSI gauge going to zero. The response was "not a big deal, brakes will work fine"

Two weeks ago my wife and I woke and and decided the compressor was running incessantly and we decided to hit the emergency stop button.

Yesterday we started the coach and when we heard the "swoosh' the PSI gauge was over 120. It is down today to 80. We then pulled in the power slide.

Hit the travel mode button and received a green led. Then we hit the level button twice and the coach cycled leveling.

Now for the issue: the compressor does not run, what do I do?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2021, 07:28 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If the compressor not working that you are writing about is the 12v Auxiliary leveling compressor, you should be able to adjust the level of the coach manually using the HWH keypad as needed with the engine running. Or if not running if you have @ 120psi in the air tanks.

The 12v leveling compressor is just a convenience to use when the engine is not running. I do not believe that the air pressure it generates registers on the dash gauge.

But I have been wrong once before. ( You know, I thought I was wrong but I really was not.)

There is a fuse that affects the aux leveling compressor but I cannot find it in my wiring schematics. Supposedly it is wire 274 on my old rig.

If you are writing about the engine driven air compressor, I have no clue given your description of events. But it sounds like that compressor is working.

Either compressor can be used to level the rig but the little 12v electric compressor takes a lifetime to do the deed.

The dash gauge (80 psi/120 psi) monitors the brake and suspension pressures generated by the engine driven compressor and then stored in the air tanks. That is the air pressure that does the heavy lifting in the leveling situation.

Another concern is that the rapid cycling of the 12v compressor and the big drop on the dash gauge for the engine compressor indicate you may have a leak in your air system.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:40 AM   #3

First, if you thought you where wrong it was just a mistake. Most of what happens on RV's is based on Murphy's Law and how much money you have.
I understand the PSI gauge is incresed when the engine is running and for measuring the air for the ABS brakes. I mention it because I am scared to death about not having brakes.
The question is indeed about the compressor in the run bay. As I stated we have put the coach, with the engine running, in travel mode and pressed the air button twice and the coach leveled. All this was done after we had hit the emergency stop button.
I believe you are thinking it could be a fuse and will check and post.
Thanks
Old 03-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #4

I guess I do not know what the emergency stop button is, that you refer to in your posts.

If the fuse for the Aux Compressor is not listed as being on your fuse panels, you could check the wires at the compressor for an in-line fuse. Or maybe there is no fuse.

My 12v compressor is in the front driver side basement compartment and used to be easy to access, until I got older.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #5

On this coach there is a HWH panel on the dash, since you have a vintage coach you probably do not have one. Like I said Murphy's Law and Money.........
Old 03-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #6

Well sitting here and all of a sudden the coach starting leveling. Did not go very long, but it works.....case closed!
Old 03-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
On this coach there is a HWH panel on the dash, since you have a vintage coach you probably do not have one. Like I said Murphy's Law and Money.........
How much are you willing to wager with this observation?
Old 03-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #8

whats the bet and point spread?
Old 03-28-2021, 05:51 PM   #9

I will save you the pain. No bet.

It would be unfair because I know that I do have HWH auto air leveling like all other Magna's of the vintage. And it is even mounted on a dash!

Mine has worked without issue for 26+ years, unlike some others.

I am pleased because my vintage rig was built with traditional CC and Bob Lee's quality before the knuckleheads from National RV took over building of the coaches in the early 2000's.

Those guys then rode CC and National RV into oblivion.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #10

I always thought it would have been nice to be a fly on the wall at CC. Who hired the guy from National and it would be a good novel. Yes I would totally agree with your assessment of quality by Bob Lee and again a great novel, just the facts.
Our HWH worked fine until we hit the emergency, had the coach since 2012. There is a person on here, AZpete, or any others that can add there 2 cents.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:10 AM   #11

When you pressed the emergency stop on the HWH you shut it off. This is different that when it simply “goes to sleep” and “wakes up” every 30 minutes to check level after leveling and ignition key turned off.

Cycling the ignition key (on/off) powers up the HWH and it goes back into sleep/wake every 30 minutes mode - until you press emergency stop again.

In sleep/wake mode it checks level and starts the auxiliary compressor if additional leveling is required. In addition it will also release air to lower a high point.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:25 AM   #12

Thanks Brian. People in the park from Canada (Phoenix), keep trying. I just knew I broke it when I pushed the emergency stop.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:26 AM   #13

P.S. should be in Eugene in about 2 weeks.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:49 AM   #14

It leveled however, have not heard the compressor

Tags
hwh