Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #29

Hi all and thanks for input.

Took to
Local place in San Diego. Seemed very experienced. They found a couple leaks. One at the air tank itself. Then on the ride height valve. They say it needs to be replaced. I definitely continue to hear air leak when off and attempting maintaining level. Im in touch with Kevin on replacement part.
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #30

with my coach, the auto level system first dumps all air, then it pumps up as needed to level the coach. That's the only way it works. If the slope is in excess of what it can do, then it gives up in about 15 minutes. If "excess slope" is lit, then I have to turn on the ignition, turn off the park brake, and reset the HWH system with the dash rocker reset switch , and now I can attempt to relevel or whatever.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Chris, this may come as a bit of a disappointment. HWH is in it for the money and isn't customer friendly. One front slide on my '05 CC wouldn't retract and I was forced to replace THE ENTIRE three-module control unit (below the driver's seat), a $3,000 event not including removal and install costs. HWH will not sell parts (think circuit boards) to anyone ... ever. They will also NOT repair the module. They will, however, be thrilled to sell you a completely scratch-built total unit for three grand!

Any tech ought to be able to diagnose a fault and either repair it or build a new board IF HWH would sell the parts, which they won't.

If your problem is with their leveling component, I have one that works and should be easy to install. These are located in the front lower left of the first module behind a plastic window. It's about the size of a playing card laid flat. The adjustment screw is adjusted by a straight blade screwdriver. The plastic door is removable.

CC probably put two HWH modules in your coach, a three-unit under the driver's seat and a two-unit module in the bay just ahead of the water system near the transfer switch. This group of 5 electronic modules is for leveling and slide outs and all the rest of what HWH controls. The leveling module is very easy to adjust. hopefully this is all you need to do.

The very idea that HWH won't provide parts or repair their components is absolutely outrageous! They need to be called out for this.
2005 CC Allure 470 #31177, full-timer and painter Tom, his "kids" -- 2 African greys & a happy Havanese greeter-pup -- lugging way too much kit and being pushed by 8Birds, a wee Mini Cooper 6-speed toad
8Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #32

It was surprising to have read your about your experience with HWH 8Birds.

Our experience has been much different with HWH. We would tell the group HWH is a very customer focused company and they service/repair what they sell. In our case we have had across a couple of coaches HWH items that needed repairing. Once removed we would send them to HWH for testing and repairing. In both cases the repairs were done well and in a reasonable period of time.

This past October we were in Iowa at HWH. We met many of the Sr. folks and had lunch with the President. At no time did we ever feel HWH was not about to discuss any matter I brought up. They addressed all of my repairs and were simply pleasant to deal with.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
8Birds, I've also had very good service from HWH. I've had two different electronic components repaired and returned very quickly.
When they made a mistake, Joe Portelli called me personally and made it right.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #34

HWH

I just returned from hwh 3 weeks ago they were very friendly took care of the issues and prices were reasonable. I have also had them send me parts in the past very easy to work with have not had to send anything to be repaired but that option has been discussed. Not sure what is causing your problem but a call to hwh would be my first call they will not respond quickly unless you are stranded, but Randy will call. For the rv that won,t level the most common problem are the six pack solenoids they need to be repaired which is not hard to do I've rebuilt all of mine for leaks. The orings will need to be replaced in the air valves. some of the six packs are a little difficult to reach but it is easier if you have a lift or pit which I have a pit.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna
tomtownod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #35

Re: HWH

I'm happy that some of you found satisfaction with HWH. I certainly did not. The very idea that there is no HWH independent electronics service contractor in the US ought to tell all that HWH is far from industry friendly.

In three pleading phone calls to HWH customer service for module servicing for the passenger slide-out function, I was told in no uncertain terms that: 1) HWH would NOT service my control module, 2) I had no option other than to replace the entire control module that needed to be built from scratch, and 3) no parts (cards, components, etc.) or any kind were available to anyone anywhere. Period. End of story. "Module parts are proprietary items," was their excuse. Cummins makes proprietary engines that diesel mechanics everywhere can service.

I called Kevin Waite, with whom I have a service contract, and he confirmed HWH's recalcitrant position. Yes, HWH will provide some system components (valves, etc.) all of which seem available from third parties.

Try Googling HWH control module electronic repair (or similar search words) and see what you find. If there was a business opportunity here, someone would fill it. I paid a tech to isolate the fault, which he did, but it wasn't possible to buy the plug-in electronic card where the fault resided. You folks call this customer service, but I don't.

I wish you luck VChris and I'll follow this thread to see how it ends for you.
2005 CC Allure 470 #31177, full-timer and painter Tom, his "kids" -- 2 African greys & a happy Havanese greeter-pup -- lugging way too much kit and being pushed by 8Birds, a wee Mini Cooper 6-speed toad
8Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #36

Back three years ago my slide would not work. I called them and someone there spent over 30 min on the phone with me trouble shooting it. Come to find out it was a loose ground.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Nickels View Post
Our coach stays level with HWH air for months. The compressor will kick in occasionally to supplement the air as needed but all in all I never need to touch anything.
But you have the Active Air system too. I noticed mine was low on the pass front after a few days and the system did not auto level with my AA setup. May need some adjusting or maybe I'm more sensitive than the HWH sensors.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #38

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
My only recommendation is the shop must have HWH air leveling experience. If not, dont waste your time with them. Ask for references that had similar problems and call them. Many RV shops in our area I wouldnt even trust to check my oil level.
Soooo true! My son in law does mobil RV repair. He won't work on my rig at all even though I'd trust him.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #39

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
It was surprising to have read your about your experience with HWH 8Birds.

Our experience has been much different with HWH. We would tell the group HWH is a very customer focused company and they service/repair what they sell. In our case we have had across a couple of coaches HWH items that needed repairing. Once removed we would send them to HWH for testing and repairing. In both cases the repairs were done well and in a reasonable period of time.

This past October we were in Iowa at HWH. We met many of the Sr. folks and had lunch with the President. At no time did we ever feel HWH was not about to discuss any matter I brought up. They addressed all of my repairs and were simply pleasant to deal with.
I had the same experience at HWH when I was there a couple months ago.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have an 01 Dutch Star 4095 and some issues with our HWH, Back left jack is sometimes almost impossible to retract. Back right will retract on its own after about 24 hours of being set even though we don't want it to. Also the HWH system will not engage when the engine is running. When we push the auto leveling button the first thing it does is dump all the air. Wish I knew what system it has installed as I could read up on my problems.

BTW on our old coach Paul was thoroughly helpful (azpete) when we were in contact about the system in our then coach. He addressed and diagnosed all my problems while we were on the phone.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #41

Please let us know what its not doing, no lights on panel possible fuse. There is a if you giggle HHW there is a manual online tha you can download a pdf file. As stated above I just double press the level button. Hope this helps. I do have the pdf file on my iPad.
WHOOVER770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #42

HWH Leveling System

Stewart's Service in Elkhart, Indiana is a master technician for HWH Leveling Systems. He is personal friends with the guys at the HWH factory and when the factory guys get stuck, they call Chuck. His cell number is 574-262-0225. Great guy and he does know his stuff. You would need to take your motor home to him.
MikMulder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling