Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #1

HWH Leveling Experts

I have a 1997 Country Coach Intrigue 36' with a leveling issue. It has the HWH 500 series leveling system with the standard one air bag at each corner. This coach has a pair of height control valves at each corner up front but has a single height control valve in the rear controlling both sides.

My question is...What would be the symptoms if one of the two rear "travel solenoids" on the rear air manifold has failed/is not functioning? Looking for inputs on how it would or would not affect raise, dump and leveling functions and more importantly, how it might affect the coach when it goes into "Travel Mode"

I am pretty sure I have the answer but was hoping to hear form those with more experience on these systems to confirm my diagnosis.

Thanks in advance
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

How to get 2005 allure to level to zero
Edgaruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Commercial Member

motorhead, did you do the diagnostics using our service manual for your system. there are several things that will cause the symptoms you describe.
if one travel valve is stuck open, it will not level. if both are stuck open, it will not level. if both are stuck closed, it will not return to ride height. if one is stuck closed, it will not go to ride height. having only one ride height valve in the rear. instead of two, complicated the diagnosis. download the manual, do the diagnostics.
if you have problems, call me at 602-549-3638, maybe i can help.
thanks, paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #4

My problem turned out to be a bad "travel" solenoid on the passenger side rear. It was dead. Swapped it with a new one (easy task) and all is good now. The old one I verified as dead on the work bench by applying 12v and nothing happened. I disassembled it and found it full of corrosion. Even though it tested ok, I also replaced the driver's side rear travel solenoid while I was under there...it was also 17 years old. Problem solved. The coach levels evenly as it should now.

Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:59 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgaruhl View Post
How to get 2005 allure to level to zero
You might want to start your own thread. You will most likely get more responses.

On my Magna, I have to periodically recalibrate the leveling system. Rough roads tend to cause the calibration to change. I manually set the coach to a level condition using a bubble level, then tweak the HWH computer calibration until it conforms to being level with the manual leveling I just did.

There should be some info on your system in your documentation. If not, perhaps a Google search with your model number or a call to CC might help.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:28 AM   #6

Yep, just replaced a few of my selenoids as well. I am glad medico mentioned calibration, I have been feeling my coach raises fine now but is slightly off. I will check it out at the next camp site.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #7

I've had sale problems on my unit. New solenoids are not cheap. Colton Truck had some used ones off a wrecked rig in their parts area. Fixed problems and I bought the extra 4 they had for $30 ea. 😜 Too cheap to pass up...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling