Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #1

HWH Leveling issue

Tried to auto level coach, pushed "air" button twice and the light on that got real dim and started flashing. I can level it manually, but not auto. Thoughts??
TriCitySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #2

When the Level red light starts flashing it is my understanding it's level. If it goes on for a extended period, there is a issue.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I thought it flashed when going through the leveling process and then goes out once level.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #4

Had a similar situation with my HWH system. When I pushed the auto level button, nothing happened.

After reviewing the HWH manual, and going through the steps to confirm that all of the other functions were working properly, the manual lead me to a problem with the circuit board. Called HWH tech support to confirm and they agreed on the circuit board.

Got an RFA authorization for a maximum cost of $140 and sent the unit to Moscow Iowa. 2 weeks later the unit was returned to me at a cost of $32. It was bad auto level switch.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
I thought it flashed when going through the leveling process and then goes out once level.
This is what mine does.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post

Mine flashes during the leveling process and then stays solid
Old 04-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #7

I've found that the few times I have trouble with leveling. That a 20 minute or so break with a 80-85% Scotch and 15-20% Drambuie (Liqueur of he gods...) mix - seems to take care of my leveling problems!

All kidding aside. I'd place a call to them, get on the return call list, and have them walk you thru a diagnostic. And follow their advice from that point.

Best of luck to you!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
Commercial Member

i have found on some coaches, when this happens, its a corroded connection, mostly at the battery connections. do an amp draw test on the battery supply cable at the battery, and at the connection to the hwh system near the box.
if it does come out that the control box is the problem, i recommend sending the touch pad and the control box in to be checked and repaired if needed. checking and repairing is a very inexpensive deal with hwh. some of the symptoms are the same for the pad and box.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #9

Smitty, you crack me up! Great sense of humor and always have good insights.
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #10

HWH

Thanks to all for your comments. Mine previously had blinked slowly while leveling. This is a very dim fast flash and it never seems to start leveling . I'll have a chat with HWH
Old 04-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #11

On my Magna when the system has leveled and the yellow lights go out, the red light flashes dimly very fast for about a minute and then goes out. Does the same if the system re-levels. This is normal. But it does level.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #12
Commercial Member

when you do auto level from ride height, the coach used air in the system to level.
it deosnt take long for it to level. when it finally levels, do not shut it off. just turn the key off this is called sleep mode. a dim ,slow blinking light is normal.
if you drop the air first, then level, its a very slow process. when it is finally level, it will start the red light blinking slowly, and very dim. like rich said, thats normal.
if you dump the air, then level, and if the touch pad is blinking fast, and not leveling, you may have a problem with the air compressor. thats what supplies the air if none is available from the tanks. a very slow process.
another thing ive found is that if the coach is level, without any yellow lights, before starting the level process, sometimes, depending on how the system was designed, the light will flash momentarily and shut off, without dumping any air. it will go into sleep mode right off. ive only saw two coaches with this situation. both were air ride chassis.
there are situations, sometimes, you just have to use the manual mode of leveling. especially if you want it to level lower than it does in auto.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #13

Bird/AZPete

On mine, when I pushed the "air" the second time (to start leveling), it started the fast dim pulsing light....which by the manual would mean it was level...but it wasn't.

Tags
hwh, leveling