Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #1

HWH Leveling System Doesn't Work

We have just purchased a beautiful 2001 Intrigue (63,000 miles). The HWH leveling system is not working. I noticed a switch (in the steering bay) in the down position. I cannot locate this switch on any electrical schematic. Thanks for any and all advice.
callen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

Is your emergency brake set? System won't level until the brake is set.

There are no switches other than the control panel on the HWH leveling system.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #3

Callen. Consider signing up for Kevin Waite’s service in Oregon. 350 per year and u can call him anytime for questions like this. As far as your HWW do u have lights at the panel ?
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #4
TR4

The switch in the steering Bay is probably the ABS reset switch. Does your emergency brake light on the dash illuminate when the brake is set? The pressure switch that controls this light also controls the HWH leveling. Call HWH, they can troubleshoot over the phone, might take three weeks for them to return the call, but they do eventually get back to you.

Bill
Old 04-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #5

If I read that right, 1st post? Welcome to the gang!

And yes to all of the above input. Kevin provides good tech support not just for you, but also for if your at a shop that is not familiar with CC's - Kevin can do that Techie to Techie type talk...

I agree on the leveling system, I'd call and get on a call back list with HWW. (The only time I've called them, was on a slide, that within about 3 mintes of conversation, the tech politely informed me that that was not one of theirs - but Power Gear's!)

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
That switch you mention is a test switch for the ABS system. Notice it has a clear toggle. You flip it up and release it and the toggle will then begin to flash. Count the flashes and refer to the ABS troubleshooting and you can tell what component of the ABS system is suspect.

For the HWH, make sure you are in neutral and parking break set. There is a fuse in the driver's bay, I think it says "step" not sure. Think it is wire 58, not sure.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #7

Yes, the brake is set. Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #8

Thanks for your suggestion. The panel does not light up. Will check fuses.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #9

Will go through all your suggestions today, thanks very much.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #10
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. The panel does not light up. Will check fuses.
Does the travel light illuminate? Do the air bags go to ride height?

Bill
Old 04-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #11

Callen. One more thing. If you don’t have lights at the panel look to see that it’s plugged in at the rear. Many times techs have to remove the panel to
Access something and they just forget to plug in. It’s possible since you have no lights on there.
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #12

yes everything is plugged in. i will keep looking. thanks
Old 04-06-2019, 10:59 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Callen,
We have a 2001 Intrigue and our HWH leveling system quit last year. Check the fuses that power the system, one 20amp fuse is back in the fuse block by the batteries. The best advice is to email HWH and wait for a call back. They will help you trouble shoot the problem. For ours they had me take the cover off the control unit (that is in front of the passengers seat) There is a group of 3 fuses to the far left of a long row of fuses (I didn't see them at first they were hidden under some wires). The 15 amp one on mine was blown. It powers the system. It kept blowing the fuse. Next they had me unhook all the wires to the unit. It still blew the fuse. I had to take the unit out and send it to HWH. They sent it back in less than a couple weeks all fixed. I think the bill was around $130. They were easy to work with.
I hope this helps.
Bluefoot53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 AM   #14

Look up AZPete here on iRV2 and contact him.
He has posted his phone # and will walk you through anything HWH. He is Mr HWH here and helped many.
Also find your HWH manual and troubleshooting section online if necessary. They are excellent and wirth having and following.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote