Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #1

HWH Synchronizing Cylinder Bad?

The rear end of my kitchen/living room slide would not move when I went to extend it! Called a mobile rv repair guy, he came out checked solenoids, this and that and determined my synchronizing cylinder was bad! If and when HWH has one available, itís over $1600. Iím searching for a used one, but not crazy about putting a 17 year part from a salvage yard back in its place! What goes bad on these cylinders? Tried to take to a hydraulic repair shop, but they said nope! Click image for larger version

Name:	A85835ED-D500-42BA-BE19-0C03F31DB2C8.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	337662

Thanks
RJPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Those with rubber parts are always my concerns, as we know rubbers no matter in what forms - o-rings, hoses... are all aging... For older coaches, more likely the rubber components cause troubles.

In case no replacement and there isn't a shop willing to take on it, were it me, I'd disassemble and check it out myself. It may not be that complicated, maybe just an o-ring or a diaphragm failed. Obviously o-ring is an easy part.

Good luck and keep us posted.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:41 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Last year I thought this as a problem with my slide. At that time HWH would rebuild your cylinder for about 700 to 800. Take it out and ship to them to get the job done. Don't know what price is now.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:56 AM   #4
Commercial Member

it would have been good to check the 5000 lb pressure switches on the sync cylinder before disconnecting it. this is the normal failure point without an external leak.
at this point, i would check with hwh
. send an email to service@hwh.com.name address, phone, and vin of chassis. give a detailed explanation of the problem and request a RGA number to return the part.
it may take a few days for a response, but this is the fastest way to get a response.
hwh has some parts in their inventory.
because of shortage of laborers, and the demand for parts by owners repairing their own coaches, it has caused an increased demand, and there is an extended wait time.

i dont make excuses, but when you cant get workers, there is a major snag. even elevated wage offers doesnt help.
production of new parts is 8 to 10 weeks out, in most cases.
there are some reman parts available, if you ask.
i work full time for hwh, i do not solicit part sales on this forum,and do not do service work.
i am available for advice on how to repair your hwh system, and help in locating a service tech near you.
paul maddox 602 549 3638
my email has failed the last two days, so text is the best way of contact.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh