Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDchief View Post
Sorry CC. I will not do business with a company that charges for technical support. That charge should be included in the cost of the product. If a new company has to do this to remain viable, than their business plan was flawed as they did not have the capital available to see them through the start up phase. JMO.

Seeing as how you have another product, you do not have to worry about it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #16

Charge is common for support

A lot of companies charge for after sale support, nobody likes it, but it is what it is...

When competition is present then the charges go away.

Givin CC may be focusing on starting back up they may simply not have the resources for this yet and need to charge for providing it.

I sent an email with their tool, have not heard back, do not expect to for some time as it involves data for a 1989 model that is buried deep.

Officially the present CC would not be responsible for "free" support of past procuct as it is a "new" company, I suspect that as things are put into place and the service desk manned with a human specific to that post things may get a lot better.

I would be willing to pay decent money for diagrams and other things, not for the time to describe what I need, only the time to produce the product and a reasonable price for the product.

In time I hope some date could be made on-line, and limited to registered owners of CC units, so I could register our coach, then be able to search and download data related to our unit...nice dream...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDchief View Post
Sorry CC. I will not do business with a company that charges for technical support. That charge should be included in the cost of the product. If a new company has to do this to remain viable, than their business plan was flawed as they did not have the capital available to see them through the start up phase. JMO.
I'm with you Chief. I work too hard just to pay some one to answer the phone. Most of the items on my rig were not made by CC just installed by them.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to RSMorgan2
Follow-up on an earlier post.
I finally received a call back from CC regarding parts. They were polite and professional. After getting further information, we E-mailed each other a few times and I am in the process of ordering parts.
They stated since starting back up, they have been swamped with requests and are WAY behind.

1997 Country Coach Intrigue
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #19

I cannot comment on the new CC as of yet I have not needed them or had a reason to call them. They do have a Facebook page for anyone interested. I have been helped a number of times at no charge by Kevin Waite who repairs RVs in the same city as Country Coach was / is located. Last year I had the pleasure of meeting him in person when I had some work done by he and his "crew" when we stopped at Junction City. As far as CC charging for help. Sony charges me when I call them for help on my computers. Sony is a great company with a great product. The new CC is just getting started and I am happy they are there. But I certainly do understand those who need to save money. Anyone wanting Kevin Waite's information please send me a private message. I am sure he / they work on Manaco's too. IMHO they charged me a VERY competitive / low price for the very high quality work that was done.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #20

I used the "contact form" on the contact page on the Country Coach site, and Jim Cooley contacted me by phone the next day. Had the parts I wanted, and made arrangements for me to pay for them, and I was on my way.
So far the customer service has been OK with me.
BTW, I also use Kevin Waite, and his brother in law down in Florida to provide telephone trouble shooting and support. They are both just super.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
In time I hope some date could be made on-line, and limited to registered owners of CC units, so I could register our coach, then be able to search and download data related to our unit...nice dream...
We need to get after our Governments to make laws the reqiure all manufactors to have manuals available for all RV's built. By manuals I mean everythink. R&R Info, Parts lists, Schmatic of everythink in coach,Specification manuals, etc....... Alot of this info could be available online at little cost to the manufactor but at a great advantage to the RV owner.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
laj

Now that`s what i want, why didn`t i think of it
More Government. More expenses, more taxes, more cost of end product. Wow
Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by New RV Guy View Post
We need to get after our Governments to make laws the reqiure all manufactors to have manuals available for all RV's built. By manuals I mean everythink. R&R Info, Parts lists, Schmatic of everythink in coach,Specification manuals, etc....... Alot of this info could be available online at little cost to the manufactor but at a great advantage to the RV owner.
No problem! Just add on another 50-100K to the already overpriced motorhome and you got it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #24

I find the documentation from CC on our 04 Allure to be very good.

I don't want the Government to do more, I want them to do less. I think if they passed a law that randomly voided every other law, we might be getting close to back to where we should be... Now that's Fedral I'm talking about, don't get me started with California, where they have moved the art of new laws = more jobs, to a new art... CARB is my favorite, they added 6-7% more jobs since 2007, now over 30K employees!! In a state that redirects the money from highwary repair, and everywhere else they can steal it from. Oh, and gee, Sacramento can't balance the budget, and wants to ask us how they should do their jobs, with a new vote to the public... If we have to tell the, why have them?

Have fun to all of you, and you might pick up that I do not want any more government 'help'...

Best,
Smitty
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #25

Yep, Country Coach did put out an abundance of info about the coaches they built. I have one file box of manuals for everything installed in/on the coach, one 3" binder with nothing but electrical schematics for the chassis and house, plus another 3" binder full of other info. All it takes is some digging in the books to find anything I need. This information is why I bought a Country Coach.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by New RV Guy View Post

I like it. Too much govt? Jeesh. Just one simple edict to MH builders would suffice: publish a complete manual for each coach.

Heck, evolution involves govt swelling, or chaos results. Think about it: old people no longer die destitute, the handicapped have hope for normal lives, we don't pay neighboring towns to navigate dirt trails they've claimed as their own, we have railroads and air transportation, all four children in a big family will probably reach adulthood... it goes on and on.

Our society can freeze in the present and keep our infrastructure static; or, we can evolve. No one wants a more complex world that lacks matching watchdogs. They have this situation in Russia, and it ain't pretty.

Yes, it'd be peachy if manufacturers all had to provide a basic Owners Manual. We have none; I've been forced to cobble together a collection of various guides, marry them to a chassis manual, for the complete picture.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
Yes, it'd be peachy if manufacturers all had to provide a basic Owners Manual. We have none; I've been forced to cobble together a collection of various guides, marry them to a chassis manual, for the complete picture.
If I understand this, people are buying new units without an owners manual being supplied. I know that we would not buy a new unit without the books. If someone bought a used unit without manuals, that would not be the manufacturers fault. Once the unit is sold new and manuals are needed, I see no reason why there should not be a replacement cost as you would someone has lost, thrown away , or destroyed the originals.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #28
laj

I got 2 manuals with mine, one as Dons2346 with every possible schematic, and one very complete operations manual for everything in the coach. i also have individual installation and operation manuals for every thing installed from the original manufacture,
not just CC that made the coach.
I`ll keep my money,guns, and freedom.......... you keep the change
Closed Thread