Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #1

In dash Weldex monitor removal

Before I tear my dash apart has anyone replaced their in dash Weldex backup monitor? I can see no easy way to get this out besides taking the dash cover off and I am tired of the on/off nature of this thing. Seems it only works when I don't need it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
Before I tear my dash apart has anyone replaced their in dash Weldex backup monitor? I can see no easy way to get this out besides taking the dash cover off and I am tired of the on/off nature of this thing. Seems it only works when I don't need it.
I have the same backup monitor and had problems with mine going off and on ready to ditch it. So when I replaced all the lights in the dash cluster with LEDs I unscrewed the leads and got some (Terminal Grease) Dielectric Silicone Compound and applied it to the 6 or so little fingers then put it back together, works great. I run my Silverleaf through the same monitor.
If you do change it out I think you will have to remove the 5 screws then push the cover forward.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
If you haven't already replaced it, and you need to, I recommend RVcams.com. They have been very helpful to me in finding the right replacement, since, as usual for electronic equipment,, everything is obsolete next month. Weldex recommended them to me and they take the time on the phone to help you figure out what you need. By the way, they fix monitors if they can still get parts for them. Mine was not one of those.
HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV cams

I have the same comment about RVCams.com.

I was able to fix my 'flakey monitor' by jamming very small copper wires into the female side of the connectors. My theory is that the vibration makes them get loose over time. It was much easier than replacing the cable. When it starts happening again I can simply add more wires.

I tried this 'after' I replaced the original CRT with a LCD. Wish I had tried it sooner, the CRT was probably not the problem.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
On my Sony, I did the same thing that Stroker did. Tighten the connections at the rear of the monitor. Been good for the last 8 years.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #6

How did you gain access to the back of the Weldex?

Tags
dash, removal