Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #1

It's the little things...Heater issue

My Hydro Hot (now called Aquahot) system in my 2006 CC Intrigue works great, partly because I had the whole unit rebuilt last year by Mike Carillo in Colorado (former Aquahot employee).

Now a little issue has popped up. Underneath the front dash area is a blower unit that blows out hot air as the heated water passes through the coils. In the manual, it is called the "Lower dash Heatercraft".

I just noticed that the blower motor just stopped working. Heat is still coming out very slowly and weak, but no motor activity. Just before it stopped working, I heard a few minor metallic sounds, as if something was passing by the motor or in the motor.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I can't see any way to remove this motor for inspection, unless I go through the top passenger side access panel, which gives me extremely tight access down to the unit.
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #2

Are the other furnace heater blowers functioning properly?
There have been a lot of issues with the squirrel fans going out on these units so people have been replacing them with Aquahot cozy 3 fans

Here is one about front exchanger removal:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/how...er-468851.html

I am sure others will post a better one on the fans. but plenty of help here

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the info, I read the thread that you posted and sent a message to cameraman to see what he did.

It looks like if I remove some hoses and wires, etc, I might have a one arm access through the top assess panel on my dash (passenger side)down into the bottom center where the motor is.

I am hoping someone else did that and can guide me through it.

All of my other units are working great, so I am pretty sure it is just this one that is bad.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

A good friend replaced his HydroHot Dash unit, doing the work himself. Removing and Replacing the dash was the hardest part. It took several days.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #5

thats good news in one way. At least you do not have to chase down fuses
Your would think that that center curved panel would come off some how as well
If not that the console above the heater??

Keep at it youll find a way...dont force anythig

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #6

The fan motor could be fine ...get out the electrical wiring book and check the last wiring junction going to the motor. I traced down mine till I found power going to a relay but not coming out. Replaced the relay now works fine.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #7

Since my first post about the heater fan going out in the dash, another fan has stopped working. This one is located underneath the kitchen sink with easy access (see picture). I plan to open it up and replace with..., not sure which product yet.

The one in the dash is still puzzling on how to remove without destroying the plastic center console dash cover (see picture).

I was able to remove most of the top of the dash pretty easily, but have not figured out how to remove screws behind that front console (the last piece of the puzzle) without breaking things.

The last picture shows how I can get in through the top, but it is near impossible to remove the heater craft motor fans, without also going in through the front.

Any suggestions/experience would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5350.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	316934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5352 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	316935  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5353.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	316936  
Old 02-03-2021, 08:27 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My dash top has to come out to get to mine. Last year the blower froze up causing the fuse to blow immediately and leaving me with no heat from the front 3 blowers. To get by I bought a long reach wite cutter and reached in to cut the wires to it. At least I had heat from the other front two. I have a new quiet unit to install, just dom't relish taking the dash apart!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater