Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #15

MattandCarol: Thanks for the wet kit article and pictures. One question: are there different PTO model numbers for each model CC and/or engine? I have a 2007 Inspire with a Cat C9. Great article - looking forward to hearing from you. moandsam
moandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #16

re: PTO-
1) failure to attend to this in a timely manner can wreck a whole lot more than the PTO itself. If done in time, there is an extra case installed between PTO & hydraulic pump and some tranny fluid hydraulic lines installed to lubricate the PTO. If not in time, you lose power steering and radiator fan cooling for the engine/tranny. Worst case I've heard of monitoring the CC Yahoo group is ~$30,000 total wreckage. Its an easy check. You can look for the red mid-case between the red Chelsea PTO and the hydraulic pump(s). The brass fittin below is part of the hydraulic line feed to/from the "Wet" PTO assembly's middle case. If you have that & the 1/4" hydraulic lines you are good to go.

2) There are multiple PTO setups CC used. Some rigs had two PTO's, one on each side of the tranny to power separate pumps, usually one for steering and one for radiator fan motor. Some used a double pump off a single PTO. My rig has the double pump (tho not a CC rig). Just takes a quick inspection on a creeper to see what you've got in each CC case.
3) If you need the PTO wet kit, the PTO model# & serial#off the name plate and a photo like the above are useful (#'s are needed). The link to JD above is a good one, another source for parts that sold a lot of wet kits is Berendsen Fluid Power's Sacramento office, 916-372-0550. The PTO manuals are all available online. The one for the 267 model of PTO on my rig (fairly common) is here and here is the Parts List link; if you print it you can omit all the non-Allison installation pages as they are no use to motorhomers.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #17

Welcome to the Country Coach family. I have my 2002 Affinity serviced at Temecula RV and they are a good group. They have many CCs in on a regular basis to get work done. After 50 years of oil changes I can tell you it is pretty easy to see if it has been changed. Just pull up the dip stick. New oil is very clean. Trans, I don't know. But get the five year fluid put into your trans and you won't have to worry about it often.

One the the things you need to make sure of is that when the belts are checked by you or someone else, that the genny belt is checked. After spending a year trying to figure out why my generator was overheating I found out the belt is hard to check. Changed belt and all overheating problems cleared up.

I have been to the Eugene Oregon area twice to get work on my coach done. Just recently at the Country Coach Corporation. My experience this year and last was that there is a very large quantity of very good places in Eugene. They will take care our all your CC issues for far less money and hassle than you can get work done in S California. It is worth going way out of your way to go there. The last two times I got service in OR the cost was about half of what I expected being used to S Cal.

As far as PTO issues. I think that was 2004-2005 coaches and not 2008. Post your question on the Yahoo CC forum and ask. Or you can go to that forum and search through the many posts on that topic. That will tell you the years.

When you need tires, Parkhouse Tire does a great job and they have by far the newest tires and lowest prices that I have found in this area. Send me a PM if you have any other questions. Bob
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #18

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie View Post
As a former CC owner, I would recommend having Oregon Motor Coach Center (Eugene, OR) do a full PM and take care of any adjustments. While they are not cheap, they do great work and are staffed by former CC techs. Whenever we had major upgrades to get done we would go to them.

The website is Oregon Motor Coach Center
I can only ditto that. Oregon Motor Coach (OMC) is the only way to go for both upgrades and repairs. Our new french door frig is being delivered to them tomorrow, and they're installing it for us.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #19

I just bought my 05 CC Inspire two months ago. Is the PTO wet kit install a reasonable DIY project?
I'm quite handy and do all my own maintenance & light repairs.
RJ
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandsue74 View Post
I just bought my 05 CC Inspire two months ago. Is the PTO wet kit install a reasonable DIY project?
I'm quite handy and do all my own maintenance & light repairs.
RJ
I bought the kit and did it myself.....took me about three and one half hours. The only "special tools" you'll need is a small bench press (mine is a 12 T) and a mic to measure the end play...other that that, it's pretty straight forward.
Oldkarphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #21

Thanks,
I'm in Dallas. Are you in the Texas hill country?
RJ
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote