Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Just Dreaming Now

Hi all..
Well I have been admiring the country coach line for a bit and it's time for me to ask some questions..
The Country Coach Line is very confusing to me... Many models and levels... 300 400 500 700 etc. Not to mention the models.. Allure, Intrigue etc.
I have looked at the Damon Rapozo site and while it's nery informative I am still confused...
I currently own a 04 Travel Supreme which I consider a higher end well constructed coach... I am considering either spending some money on her upgrading her or perhaps moving up to a 42 or 45 CC as we spend about 6 months a year in our coach...
Is there a chart or article somewhere that outlines the differences between models and equipment?
As I said I am in the thinking stages but would appreciate any hep.. BTW my TS has been a great coach for the last 7 years...
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #2

We have had our coach since 2001 and love it. I too thought about upgrading to a newer one but after looking at the newer non CC coaches they were IMO a bunch of crap!

So we installed new flooring, new TV's, auto satellite, back splash in the galley and bath, new H/P's, mattress, you name it we upgraded it. Oh and I polished the s**t out of the paint and the old gal looks great.

We put right at 10,000 miles on her last year and all went well.

The new ones look pretty but they don't have the bones of our older CC's.

Wish you the best, it is a difficult decision and the TS is a great coach!
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Traded in a really nice, dependable '02 DSDP on an '09 45' Magna. Love the quality of the house and chassis but the ISX 650 has been an expensive engine. Getting close to $50,000 spent on rebuilding it twice. It's actually on it's third rebuild in 55,000 miles and second since we bought it in 2015.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #4

Mr. D every time I read a post like yours I’m so greatful of the service we have received out of our ‘99 Allure. I guess we just happen to get a “non problem” coach.
On your engine issue I would think that Cummins would stand behind it 100%, maybe not so?
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Traded in a really nice, dependable '02 DSDP on an '09 45' Magna. Love the quality of the house and chassis but the ISX 650 has been an expensive engine. Getting close to $50,000 spent on rebuilding it twice. It's actually on it's third rebuild in 55,000 miles and second since we bought it in 2015.
Mr D.
I have Been Living Vicariously through you for a few years... I mean through your posts.. I don't know how you made it though the passing of your wife and all the coach ISX issues.. Your experiences really make me wonder about an ISX in anything.. I have has an Isc and an ISL both nearly perfect... But would never have a 650 ISX!
But was considering wiring you directly about all of your CC research...
I saw you are taking the coach in for more preventative engine work... Best of luck with that... you have a stronger stomach than I...
Thanks in advance
Ron
Old 03-24-2019, 11:01 PM   #6

We came very close to buying an 04 TS! (AFTER I took a 1/2 day's vacation to drive to see the coach. Walked thru it, test drove it, reviewed a somewhat less the satisfactory folder of receipts - the owner informed me:
-You'll need to leave a non refundable $5K deposit, if you want me to remove the coach from advertising.
-We're going to take one last trip from California to Florida, to visit relatives. Be about three months before you can take delivery of the coach.

I to this day, could not believe anyone would even suggest this! And, politely told the lady that perhaps it might be best for her to have put some such comment in her advertising. And at least, for those who did call - let them know before the open their time and effort on due diligence...

My point is that I respect TS (Even that coach with less then stellar documentation of maintenance - was a relatively solid coach.).

If your coach is not missing anything major that you want, and it's in good mechanical condition - then IMO, upgrading and even 're-fluffing' a few items inside and out - would not be a bad move.

Is it a CC? No. But depending on year, and options, I put the TS solidly between the Inspire up thru the Allure model's of CC. The TS Select, would IMO slot in between the Intrigue and Magna lines. (Depending upon options.) And, I give the solid 'foundation' of the CC Chassis quite an edge on the TS of any year and model.

Suppose you've got a 'Punch List' of items you'd like to do to your TS. Do the math on what that would cost. And if you feel you overall like your TS, then decide if the combo of the unknown of a new coach, vs the coach you have history with and with the added costs to 'update the things that you want' - are worth the risk...

No right or wrong... And please, don't get me wrong - yes, I'm a fan of CC's. But TS did make a fine coach too...

Best of luck to you on your decision process!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
We came very close to buying an 04 TS! (AFTER I took a 1/2 day's vacation to drive to see the coach. Walked thru it, test drove it, reviewed a somewhat less the satisfactory folder of receipts - the owner informed me:
-You'll need to leave a non refundable $5K deposit, if you want me to remove the coach from advertising.
-We're going to take one last trip from California to Florida, to visit relatives. Be about three months before you can take delivery of the coach.

I to this day, could not believe anyone would even suggest this! And, politely told the lady that perhaps it might be best for her to have put some such comment in her advertising. And at least, for those who did call - let them know before the open their time and effort on due diligence...

My point is that I respect TS (Even that coach with less then stellar documentation of maintenance - was a relatively solid coach.).

If your coach is not missing anything major that you want, and it's in good mechanical condition - then IMO, upgrading and even 're-fluffing' a few items inside and out - would not be a bad move.

Is it a CC? No. But depending on year, and options, I put the TS solidly between the Inspire up thru the Allure model's of CC. The TS Select, would IMO slot in between the Intrigue and Magna lines. (Depending upon options.) And, I give the solid 'foundation' of the CC Chassis quite an edge on the TS of any year and model.

Suppose you've got a 'Punch List' of items you'd like to do to your TS. Do the math on what that would cost. And if you feel you overall like your TS, then decide if the combo of the unknown of a new coach, vs the coach you have history with and with the added costs to 'update the things that you want' - are worth the risk...

No right or wrong... And please, don't get me wrong - yes, I'm a fan of CC's. But TS did make a fine coach too...

Best of luck to you on your decision process!
Smitty
Smitty...
Thanks for taking the time to write..
As my title says I am dreaming...
I do love my TS.. It has been a great solid coach.. But it's time for some updates I think.. Like getting rid of the carpet.. Maybe a new couch etc. It is a "standard" Travel Supreme but the quality of the construction does show through...
But I do lust for the finishes of of a TS select limited or a CC Intrigue..
Oh well.. I am in Arizona now enjoying my TS while snow birding...
Thanks again..
Ron