Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #1

Key Fob Remote Door Lock Fuse Question

A few weeks ago I noticed my remote key fob stopped locking my front entrance door on our 2003 Lexa. It still seems to be locking and unlocking the bay doors as I hear the actuators working.

By chance is there a fuse that sits somewhere between the front door actuator and the 12 volt power supply? I see nothing in the manuals indicating as such.

I assume the actuator may have given up to ghost in the front door but appreciate feedback from any of you that have been down this road.

Thanks
David
2003 Lexa
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #2

Update.... I have validated that the actuators is the front door are working when I give them 12V. As it turn out, some of the bay doors are locking and unlocking with the key fob, but others aren't. (Including the front entrance door lock)
The only thing I could see in the manual is the fuse for the alarm control box which is associated with the cargo bay lights. However that fuse is fine. I'm at a loss.... everything worked several weeks back with the key fob but now the front door as well as some of the bay doors aren't responding to the key fob lock and unlock buttons.

Thoughts?
Thanks, David
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Country Coach Owners Club
Sometimes the TriMark board will go bad on you. Also check the door itself. I had comparable problems. Looked at the wire harness running into the door (right below the hinges) and saw that some of the wire assembly had stripped away. Took it to Premiere in Junction City. They confirmed the stripping of the wire harness at the door hinge had caused some of the intermittent problems between the FOB, front door. Then the motherboard went bad. lol.
Snocat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
TR4

Had the same problem, bad wire in the harness at the door jam. The wires eventually break from being bent back and forth opening the door.

Bill
Old 06-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
Had the same problem, bad wire in the harness at the door jam. The wires eventually break from being bent back and forth opening the door.

Bill
I wonder if thats my problem. Mine used to "chirp" the alarm and flash the lights. Now just the lights flash. I need to see if the alarm even works too, I haven't set it off lately!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, fuse