Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2021, 06:11 AM   #1

Kitchen Sink Drain Leak Bay is Soaked

I have a kitchen sink drain leak. The cabinet under the sink is dry but the bay under the sink is soaking wet. I know the leak is between the floor and the grey tank. The sink is in the slide and I have also found out this leak tends to happen when the slide is in, which is what happened with me. In the bay, I can see the flexible drain hose through a plexiglass type of shield in the bay. I have been wrestling with this thing all day and can’t seem to get it out. I also don't see a way to access these hoses through the cabinet floor. Has anyone found an easier way to access these drain hoses? 1999 40' Magna Indulgence #5691
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4225.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	333153  
TrinklesOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #2

I've had the same or similar leak in my 2000 Magna twice. It was at tthe connection of the corrugated drain hose from the sink to the hard plumbing in the bay just behind the slide. The first time the tech took off the small plexiglas panel you can see when looking directly at the bottom of the slide, not underneath in the bay. He then cut a whole bunch of wire ties to gain some flexibility in the corrugated drain hose. There is a panel, at least on my coach, in the bay just behind the slide. The panel is the length of the bay, about 8 inches or so high and at the top. It will be facing you. Remove the screws in that panel and remove it.

You will see where the corrugated hose connects to the hard plumbing for the coach. The problem I had both times was that the hose pulled out of the hard pipe. The first time for the repair the tech added a small extension of hard pipe and shoved the corrugate hose farther into the pipe and used a liberal amount of sealant. This repair lasted about 6 years. The second time, and at a different service facility, it was repaired the tech added more hard pipe and a nipple to go inside the corrugated hose and sealant between the nipple and corrugated hose. Then a hose clamp to hold the hose in place. I think this last repair will last.

If you repair by the second method you may not have to access the area above the plexiglas shield. There may be enough corrugated hose extending into the bay behind the slide. This will keep you from having to cut a bunch of wire ties and then replacing them after the repair.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:18 AM   #3

Ditto on the repair. Ours was split from sliding in and out with the slide. I also removed the plexiglass part in slide and cut the 300 zip ties holding the other lines in place. I replace the entire white flex hose with new. Home depot carries it as it is pool or hot tub hose. Schedule 40 glue is what is compatible if you glue. I used the glue to glue both fittings. I think the nipple and hose clamp would be a longer term solution as the movement in and out can stress the connection. It was a bugger reaching up there but wasn't too bad. Just don't kneel in any fire ant nests LOL. Also, the propane line leading to the stove was in the center of the bundle of lines that were zippy tied together. I put this line back in the same orientation to protect the line from abrasion and any uv rays that may deteriorate the propane line.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #4

I have the exact same setup on our Magna. But it hasn't leaked yet. I've wondered what it would be like to replace that drain line. Maybe I should replace it proactively so I don't have to deal with the messy leak.
Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:06 AM   #5

Fred, my hose appears to be in good shape (holding fingers crossed). You could inspect the hard connection and if you think it looks in poor condition repair it. Sorry I don't have a picture of my repair.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #6

Thank you great information.
TrinklesOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, sink