Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2023, 04:20 PM   #1

Leaking windows on 2002 Affinity.

The last few times it has rained we have 3 of our windows that the inside black felt track on the stationary side of the window gets very wet. The other windows all stay dry. Does this mean that the window is leaking down inside the wall? Does anyone have info that will help us with this?
holyrollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2023, 10:47 PM   #2

Are you in very cold weather? If so the windows get condensation on them from your breath, cooking, showers, etc. Normal. If you are in warm weather and this is happening something is wrong.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:57 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Plugged Weep Holes?

It could be that your weep holes are getting plugged. Pull the covers off and clean the holes out.

The original weep hole covers for our 2002 Affinity were getting hard to find last time I looked. There are after market ones but I don't know which ones are appropriate for your coach.

Here's a link to a thread where that was discussed some time ago.

Weep Hole Covers

Good luck!
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:35 PM   #4

OMC may have weep hole covers, they did in June when we were there.

We have removed all our windows over time and replaced the seal between window and fiberglass. It is not difficult, remove the rubber covers around the perimeter inside, remove screws and pry out from the outside. We have used 2 types of seal, first the Dicor seal "rope", which is very nice, but is quite thick and makes reassembly difficult. Later we just used butyl "tape" and that works well.

We did have an issue with the driver window that the 2 halves of the sandwich were wider than the wall, leaving a gap no mater how tight the screws were. I shimmed under the inside track in the upper right corner, and that tightened it up. Our felt tracks only get damp now.

If it is real wet, I would pull the window to check it out, water in the wall is no good.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 03:36 PM   #5

Are all Affinity windows the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeers View Post
OMC may have weep hole covers, they did in June when we were there.

We have removed all our windows over time and replaced the seal between window and fiberglass. It is not difficult, remove the rubber covers around the perimeter inside, remove screws and pry out from the outside. We have used 2 types of seal, first the Dicor seal "rope", which is very nice, but is quite thick and makes reassembly difficult. Later we just used butyl "tape" and that works well.

We did have an issue with the driver window that the 2 halves of the sandwich were wider than the wall, leaving a gap no mater how tight the screws were. I shimmed under the inside track in the upper right corner, and that tightened it up. Our felt tracks only get damp now.

If it is real wet, I would pull the window to check it out, water in the wall is no good.
I was wondering if your Affinity square windows are the same on 2007 Affinitys? I was looking to replace the seals and wanted to know if I can follow your instructions above.
2007 CC Affinity 700 custom #6737
ISX600 / CM870 serial number 97166522
f360racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM   #6

I don't know, we have Segi windows, which were common in the early 2000s. Not sure what the later years windows are like.
16 Wrangler
Old 06-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #7

2007 Affinity windows are SE-GI as well

Thanks for the information. I have confirmed my 2007 Affinity square windows are SE-GI as well. I will take them apart and change seals.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:17 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by f360racer View Post
Thanks for the information. I have confirmed my 2007 Affinity square windows are SE-GI as well. I will take them apart and change seals.
I have a 2006 affinity with square windows also. I have 5 foggy windows. Wondering if you can update us on how that re-seal works for you? Issues, cautions?
Thanks
dogpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 04:34 AM   #9

Fog between the planes of glass is a different problem. There are plenty of threads here about that. We had 2 of ours fixed 3 years ago at Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Fl. They are still good and we have not had any more fog up. The fog can etch the glass if left for a long time.

Some folks here have DIY'd this, but it was not something I was comfortable with.
16 Wrangler
Old 06-29-2023, 09:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaddle View Post
I have a 2006 affinity with square windows also. I have 5 foggy windows. Wondering if you can update us on how that re-seal works for you? Issues, cautions?
Thanks
I don't have any fog but I want to prevent the water leaking into coach problems. I only have one window that needs work. It is the PS little window aft of the door. The outer glass fell out while parked. A clean drop with no damage to glass. I just have to put it all together.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:12 PM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrollers View Post
The last few times it has rained we have 3 of our windows that the inside black felt track on the stationary side of the window gets very wet. The other windows all stay dry. Does this mean that the window is leaking down inside the wall? Does anyone have info that will help us with this?
Were you able to resolve the issue with the windows? The weather which was mentioned in the thread can be an issue, the other issue could have been a bad seal or that time did its thing on the sealer.
Ivan Pacheco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, wind, window