Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #1

Leveling Control Panel Won't

My HWH leveling control panel is without lights and I can't get it to travel mode (or any other auto or manual mode) to drive the coach. I haven't pulled the panel from the dashboard to see if current is coming in its back side; but I presume there is no current. I checked the 7.5A fuse in the first box that said " HWH Leveling" under the driver window bay. It was okay. Where else can I check for juice to the panel?

Jerry
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #2

Not familiar with your year, but the early 2000 coaches would automatically go into travel mode once the air brake is released. If that doesn’t work try putting it in gear.
Also look in your fuse panel for the drivetrain. Fuse should be labeled HWH, or leveling.
Sorry, that’s all I know.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Training Wheels View Post
My HWH leveling control panel is without lights and I can't get it to travel mode (or any other auto or manual mode) to drive the coach. I haven't pulled the panel from the dashboard to see if current is coming in its back side; but I presume there is no current. I checked the 7.5A fuse in the first box that said " HWH Leveling" under the driver window bay. It was okay. Where else can I check for juice to the panel?

Jerry
Jerry,

Make sure your 12 volt house power is on. The switch on your left as you enter the coach.

Barney
07 Inspire 52059
BarneyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:00 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
There should be several fuses with an aluminum cover in the bay below the drivers seat. Did you find and check all of those?
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #5

HWH has repair manuals online. Use this http://tinyurl.com/ycoct5od to identify your system and then search for the appropriate repair manual.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:08 AM   #6

The 7.5A Fuse in the Ignition fuse boxes was out. I had not realized there were 2 separate 7.5As.

The thing that got the HWH system working, however, was getting my engine started. It's been out a while. Once it roared to life, the 2 air brake tanks came up to pressure. Once that happened the HWH did everything right. In my coach, apparently, the Auxillary pump just won't put enough out when the coach has been sitting a while.

My engine quit starting after just 2 days. I've been told it lost prime somehow. I've tried the Cummins priming method several times without success. I'm pulling the primary filter tomorrow to see if it's full. If so, I have a problem w the electric lift pump near the tank. If not, . . . The reason I mention the engine stuff is now my HWH leveling system is inoperative, again. I'm going to see if I can get the tanks aired up using my 115 psi home compressor.

Jerry
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #7

I am not aware of the 2006/7/8 ISLs having an electric transfer pump in our motorhomes. There are mechanical lift pumps on the engine (low pressure) and then the high pressure fuel pump. If I remember correct - my primary filter is between the tank and mechanical lift pump, then the secondary filter is between the lift pump and high pressure pump.

You are correct to check the filters, in fact I would simply replace them even if you know when the last time they were changed. Do the primary first, then see if it fires up. Do remember to replace the o-ring on the stem for the filter housing. These o'rings ensure leak and vacuum tightness. If they are bad that can create lift problems.

Also check the fuel lines, the lines can leak or collapse internally.

You may have a bad mechanical lift pump, it should show up with a check engine light.

Here are a couple fo videos to watch , .

I know there is a way to pressurize air system for air bags when towing, however I have not had the poor fortune of being towed and do not know how to do this, yet. I do know you cannot back flow from the connector in the drivers running bay.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:09 AM   #8

the pump in the drivers side bay is 12v. So, if your batteries went down, it quit. When you started the coach the batteries came up but also the engine driven pump.
wsmcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #9

The HWH aux Air Compressor on my coach only puts out .24 CFM at 100 psi. It took for ever to level with it. I replace it with a VIAIR 450 which puts out .97 CFM at 100 psi or about 4 times the volume. The system levels much faster with the VIAIR 450. If you use the 115 VAC compressor to charge the air tanks you may want to find a way to filter and dry the air since it will be bypassing the coaches air system air drier and filter.

Tags
leveling, panel