Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #29

You could look into replacing the macerator unit with a different throne.

We were told we had a 60 Grey and 60 Black in our 04 Allure. I had a pump from Grey to Black added, as 60 Black with a nom macerator throne, would not be filling up near as fast as our Grey. It was while reviewing the pump installation with the tech, that I noted that the Black seemed to be smaller then the Grey. A bit more investigation revealed that the specific model Allure we had, the High Cascade, had only a 40 gallon Black... (We still are able to shift some Grey to Black, but not near as much added Grey capacity that I hoped for. I figured about 85-90 gallon Grey capacity - reality is I probably have 70-75 Grey capacity now. And this is practicing what we call full Boondocking mode habits! We went 6 full days in Canada on our way to Alaska, and were just about maxed out on both Grey and Black.

Great looking coach, and I also liked the Premier Wanderlodge, even with one slide only...

My opinion on all cash vs partial financing, is to conserve the annuities. Finance interest rates are so low, and a little bit of help with Schedule A makes it even lower. You always have the annuities available to dip into and pay it off - if that ever becomes important for to you. But, I've for sure learned that we all don't have the same perceptions on how and where to use our money! And that is OK...

Good luck on your ongoing due diligence,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our Magna has a 105 gal fresh water and 69 gal gray and black tanks. We can usually go a couple of weeks or more between Black tank dumps.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Smitty:
Yep, 60 and 60 on the waste tanks and about 95 on the fresh is what I'm finding Our DSDP has 60 grey, 40 black and 105 fresh so kind of close. The macerator toilets do use more water though.
And yes, I'm leaning toward financing it as the annuity pays 5% forever and the yearly payout wound make the payments and we'd still have the principle left.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mr_D,

Have you given up hope on the DS 4375? Not sure if you had seen that Newmar has recently built one and posted photos on their Facebook page. I recall you were looking high and low for that coach and couldn't find one anywhere?
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:18 PM   #33

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Mr_D,

Have you given up hope on the DS 4375? Not sure if you had seen that Newmar has recently built one and posted photos on their Facebook page. I recall you were looking high and low for that coach and couldn't find one anywhere?
We checked with the dealer and theirs was shipped on the 20th and they are supposed to call us when in. Might even be the one in the pictures.
But the Magna is so much more overall than the DSDP and not much more $$ that I really hate to pass it up. Then one the dealer has coming doesn't have all the options I'd want either. So I guess the answer is yes, we have given up although I'm sure I'll have to take the wife down and look at it. The dealer ordered the 4375 in MAY and it's just now getting here so I suspect there was some dealer shuffling of build dates!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, you certainly can't go wrong with a well maintained Country Coach ... beautiful motorhome. Good luck with your search!
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
You could look into replacing the macerator unit with a different throne.

We were told we had a 60 Grey and 60 Black in our 04 Allure. I had a pump from Grey to Black added, as 60 Black with a nom macerator throne, would not be filling up near as fast as our Grey. It was while reviewing the pump installation with the tech, that I noted that the Black seemed to be smaller then the Grey. A bit more investigation revealed that the specific model Allure we had, the High Cascade, had only a 40 gallon Black... (We still are able to shift some Grey to Black, but not near as much added Grey capacity that I hoped for. I figured about 85-90 gallon Grey capacity - reality is I probably have 70-75 Grey capacity now. And this is practicing what we call full Boondocking mode habits! We went 6 full days in Canada on our way to Alaska, and were just about maxed out on both Grey and Black.

Great looking coach, and I also liked the Premier Wanderlodge, even with one slide only...

My opinion on all cash vs partial financing, is to conserve the annuities. Finance interest rates are so low, and a little bit of help with Schedule A makes it even lower. You always have the annuities available to dip into and pay it off - if that ever becomes important for to you. But, I've for sure learned that we all don't have the same perceptions on how and where to use our money! And that is OK...

Good luck on your ongoing due diligence,
Smitty
The toilet is a non macerator Techma Plus II.
Also has a MotoSat in motion satellite. MotoSat went out of business in '13 so repairs would be a problem. It's set up for Direct so that's OK though.
May have to modify my across the street neighbors mailbox though as I barely clear it with our present 41' unit!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The toilet is a non macerator Techma Plus II.
Also has a MotoSat in motion satellite. MotoSat went out of business in '13 so repairs would be a problem. It's set up for Direct so that's OK though.
May have to modify my across the street neighbors mailbox though as I barely clear it with our present 41' unit!
Mine came with MotoSat and Direct TV but we have Dish at home so I switched them both out for Dish Traveler 1000 . I got everything at CW on sale total about $350 off and had it installed at Kustom Coach Works by Bobby & Scott. The boys as they are called are both X Country Coach techs and they are good, 3hrs install and setup. They did my Samsung and Magnum 2812 and controller 7.5hrs.
Well hope you get it they are a great coach.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:47 PM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Mine came with MotoSat and Direct TV but we have Dish at home so I switched them both out for Dish Traveler 1000 . I got everything at CW on sale total about $350 off and had it installed at Kustom Coach Works by Bobby & Scott. The boys as they are called are both X Country Coach techs and they are good, 3hrs install and setup. They did my Samsung and Magnum 2812 and controller 7.5hrs.
Well hope you get it they are a great coach.
2 stroker
Yep, I figured if the MotoSat quit it'd just be better to replace the whole thing. We don't need or want in motion anyway.
The other thing is the SmarTire setup. They aren't out of business but no longer support the RV end. If they quit (and they will) I'll just use my TST system I already have.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, I figured if the MotoSat quit it'd just be better to replace the whole thing. We don't need or want in motion anyway.
The other thing is the SmarTire setup. They aren't out of business but no longer support the RV end. If they quit (and they will) I'll just use my TST system I already have.
My 2007 vintage Smart Tire system is still working. I believe Bob Dickman Tire in Junction City still has some sensors but, as you, I will use an external system when my ST sensors finally give up.

Are you sure about the toilet not being a macerator? I thought all the Techma toilets were macerator. I have the Techma. If the toilet is mounted over the black water tank, it is likely not macerator.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #39

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
My 2007 vintage Smart Tire system is still working. I believe Bob Dickman Tire in Junction City still has some sensors but, as you, I will use an external system when my ST sensors finally give up.

Are you sure about the toilet not being a macerator? I thought all the Techma toilets were macerator. I have the Techma. If the toilet is mounted over the black water tank, it is likely not macerator.
Just going by what the dealers owner says, but he's wrong too! I just did a search and found that it is a macerator type. There are three ways to flush it, one is for liquid waste, one for solids and the third leaves the bowl empty for travel.
Thanks for the correction! I'll let him know.
Now looking to see how much water it uses per flush although that is programmable too. Thetford replied that, depending on the model they use 1.5 liters to 2 gallons per flush!! So, no wonder the tanks can fill up so fast!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #40

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, the business owner emailed me today and said the toilet was an Aria Deluxe which is just an electric flush unit with no macerator.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #41

Mr_D,

If you're planning on coming down to Premier RV today or tomorrow stop by and say "hello". I'm sitting in their shop having some maintenance items tended to.

Best,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #42

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
Mr_D,

If you're planning on coming down to Premier RV today or tomorrow stop by and say "hello". I'm sitting in their shop having some maintenance items tended to.

Best,
Still trying to get a firm price/trade value from Louie now. Can;t get down there till at least Friday as I'm still working. Price/trade difference doesn't sound good enough from what Louie said! But we'll see.