Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #1

Looking at Country Coach 1998 Magna

Hello,
I am having trouble finding info on the CC 1998 Magna. i called the factory and it appears CC was purchased by Winnebago They were unable to provide me with any information i was looking for even though i have the VIN. Any help appreciated. Dealers who have an older used unit on their lot just don't really know much about class A motor homes in most cases.

My understanding is this is a solid, quality coach. any owners of 1998 vintage Magna willing to help?

thank you!
Rusty
Rusty Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
I have a 1998 Intrigue, which I believe was just below the Magna in CC's product line. I've only had mine for a few months but I do have a background in the RV industry and I can tell you these are very solidly made coaches. That said, a lot will depend on how well it was maintained. I'm finding out that mine was maintained very well, as almost everything works on it, with very little signs of wear except for exterior weathering.

If you have any specific questions about your coach please post them up. I've learned that this forum is a great resource. Chances are anything you want to know, someone here has the answer.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #3

Damon Rapoza had info on website. Go to http://damonrapozo.com/model_history/index.php
and you can get a copy of the run changes for that year.

Hang on here for awhile. Pretty sure someone with that year and model will chime in. Also try looking the the County Coach Owners group on Yahoo. Both this site and the Yahoo site offer good help and info.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kramer View Post
Hello,
I am having trouble finding info on the CC 1998 Magna. i called the factory and it appears CC was purchased by Winnebago They were unable to provide me with any information i was looking for even though i have the VIN. Any help appreciated. Dealers who have an older used unit on their lot just don't really know much about class A motor homes in most cases.

My understanding is this is a solid, quality coach. any owners of 1998 vintage Magna willing to help?

thank you!
Rusty
Rusty, If you happen to be looking at the Magna thats for sale in Oregon send me a PM
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Rusty, If you happen to be looking at the Magna thats for sale in Oregon send me a PM
Nope not Oregon. thanks for the replies from you all.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #6

We have a 98 Magna. Here is the brochure. We have a Gillig chasiss not the Dynomax listed in the brochure. I think I have a 97 brochure showing the Gilig chassis. I will post it if I can find it.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #7

1997 Magna showing the gillig chassis. You will find 1998 models with both chassis this was Gilligs last year in the rv market. They pulled out to concentrate on the bus business.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #8

To give you a idea of what they went for. My build sheet.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #9

Staggering what some of those options cost. 2.9k for 'sculpted carpet.'

Give me a weed wacker, some duct tape and 15 minutes. I'll sculpt your carpet.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #10

Mine at almost 20 years old. Everything on coach works as it should. The only issue is the speedo reads 8mph faster than gps. If there is anything else you would like to know one of us here I'm sure could help. These are some great coaches.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #11

Beautiful coach! The Detroit 40 a solid engine for you? just seems like the cummins 8.3 is so much more common. I just don't want to buy something so obsolete that I cant get a part for it... Please educate me...

thanks to all.
Rusty
Old 07-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #12
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Thanks Mike Brez for posting all of that great info! I wish I could find similar brochures and marketing materials for my '98 Intrigue (Damon Rapozo's page doesn't go back that far). If anyone out there in irv2-land has those I'd be most appreciative to get my hands on a set!
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kramer View Post
Beautiful coach! The Detroit 40 a solid engine for you? just seems like the cummins 8.3 is so much more common. I just don't want to buy something so obsolete that I cant get a part for it... Please educate me...

thanks to all.
Rusty

The series 40 is really a International DT466/530 engine. It was nick named the Legend. I believe there are over 1.5 million of them in service. They are wet sleeved and can be rebuilt in frame. A rebuild kit is about $1,200.00.
Heui fuel system. Any international dealer will have parts for it if needed. These engines were used in firetrucks,buses,box trucks etc.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Thanks Mike Brez for posting all of that great info! I wish I could find similar brochures and marketing materials for my '98 Intrigue (Damon Rapozo's page doesn't go back that far). If anyone out there in irv2-land has those I'd be most appreciative to get my hands on a set!
I just checked my files. The closest thing I have is a 99 Intriuge brochure.