Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
Looking at Country Coach Tribute 260

Looking at a 2008 Country coach tribute 260m Sequioa Decent miles in the 40k range DW thinks its too old and would like something newer like a 2011 to 2014 Allegro Bus or Dutch Star. Any opinions ? what problems should I look for or do I appease her and look at what she wants? tough decision.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
You have to understand that was CC starting point in coaches from about 2006. It has rear radiator and kind of hard to work on. Most probably has good bones and 40k isn't much mileage. The inside on the only one I saw was pretty nice. I guess the floorplan might help with decision.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #3

Our first coach was a rear radiator. The coach had enough room on both sides of the Cummins engine that I could crawl underneath then stand up on either side and repair most components. In addition the radiator was extremely easy to access and maintain and I had hydraulic steering only, not the cumbersome and complicated hydraulic fan motor, Danfoss controller etc. Our engine was cooled by a fan attached to the water pump hub.

Pros and cons to both but now having a side radiator, I dread ever having to remove it. I do like easy access to the serpentine belt but then again, I never lost any drive or alternator or ac belt in approx. 500,000 miles of semi and RV driving.

YMMV of course
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:17 AM   #4

I own a tribute, sent you a PM, call me if you want. Marc
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #5

Tribute

I had one, and the designer of it told me it was largely the same as the Inspire, but a change in price point. It's a good coach, and I know you can work on a rear radiator. Might cost a little more, but not prohibitive. Likely a better coach than the ones you mentioned
TriCitySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:32 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Mine is a 2006 have had it 12 years. I have all the service records. We full time and have had very few problems. Mostly minor, so a 2008 is not too old. Granted not the same make as yours, but a high end coach. If the floor plan fits and coach is in good condition and matained, go for it. Happy Camping...
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:22 PM   #7

I will say this...

We looked at ALL the big new OEM coaches..even older Prevost buses.

We ended up with our heavily updated 2005 Magna...for a helluva lot less than a new model.

My wife who was leery of getting rid of our TT said to me last night "I LOVE our new Turtee2"

Sure she needs some TLC..but so our 2000 miles so far have been very successful and we have a timeless looking high end coach that will last us for decades to come.

Cant tell you how many thumbs up/great coach comments we have gotten in just a week of ownership...

Further...I have it on good authority that those high end picky Coach/RV parks ALWAYS accept a CC in good nick...

Go for it!

You wont be disappointed.

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:00 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
We bought a 2007 CC Tribute 5 years ago, had about 30k miles on it. Its been a very good coach for us. We have put on another 35k miles in those 5 years, lived in it in an RV park in AZ one winter, otherwise have kept in heated storage during the winter months, and traveled the rest of the year.

The Tribute has more standard fittings and features than the higher end CC's, but we feel we lack nothing, although we did a few upgrades such as adding power reclining theater seating. The house mechanicals are less complex on the Tribute, which can mean less frustration/less stuff to fail/easier repairs. For example, heat is provided via 2 Suburban LP furnaces rather than the hot water circ systems which can be a maintenance pain. Slides are mechanical rather than hydraulic.

I feel the Tribute gives you a great coach that is relatively quite reliable and economical. And even though the manufacturer is long gone, service and support have not been a problem when needed.

As with any coach, regular maintenance is important.
2007 Country Coach Tribute; Cat C9 400; 2012 Ford Edge toad; Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 10,000 lb tow bar; Demco AF1 Braking System; 2007 BMW K1200LT Hannigan Trike Conversion; Member, IEEE, NFPA, PMI, NRC SRO (Ret).
Talloaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:33 PM   #9

I've got the same rig and it has a side radiator.
Hilblee68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach, tribute