Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 05:47 PM   #15

IASM, Thanks for your response! Very concise way to narrow the search and I think I am on a very similar path. At some point we need to reach a commitment decision to start a search and make a quick decision, at least quicker than most would want for a spend of a few 100 large!

I have heard of Jake brakes but not sure what "I the 15 L" but I will look that up.

I will also do a serial number range of the model years I want, but if you happen to have a quick link, that was help me a great deal!

When did you buy your '08?

Thanks again for the inputs!

Mike
VASpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASpartan View Post
IASM, Thanks for your response! Very concise way to narrow the search and I think I am on a very similar path. At some point we need to reach a commitment decision to start a search and make a quick decision, at least quicker than most would want for a spend of a few 100 large!

I have heard of Jake brakes but not sure what "I the 15 L" but I will look that up.

I will also do a serial number range of the model years I want, but if you happen to have a quick link, that was help me a great deal!

When did you buy your '08?

Mike

i think it was around 2013. 15 liter is the cubic displacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1084.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	350427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	350428  

IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Thank you, Chris, for your inputs.

Is "Brian" the same Brian from the videos? If so, I think I have found a website for him and can reach out this way.

Thanks for your inputs! Much appreciated.
No problem Mike..We also wanted a CC that had the Intellitec lighting but we found an older coach that had ZERO paint checking and everything else we wanted. Plus the.price was right.

So my advice would be dont pass on a 2005 or older model at the right price, especially if you are handy with the tools as many CC owners are!

Having lived in our coach for a bit now I can say we dont miss the Intellitec..in fact it's a bit simpler to not have it. The rest of the electronics or electrical stuff you could want is easy to upgrade with these coaches (Sanicon, tank monitoring, internet, smart TVs, A/V, and appliances) and honestly IMHO you are going to spend a good year getting these used CCs back to a stable/reliable condition before truly making it your own.

That said...Our coach with all of its idiosyncrasies and its stranding of us in Bowling Green for over a month has been SUPREMELY liveable.....a thousand times better than travelling and living in our 2014 35 foot Cougar Travel Trailer was.

Yes that Brian or the AZ guy would be good people to do a PDI. 100 percent VERIFY what the seller says you are getting you are actually getting; especially when it comes to aftermarket mods.

That's where we were foolish. We believed the seller when they said our coach had the Wet PTO upgrade when it didnt...hence our breakdown.

Good luck in your search!

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:22 PM   #18

I agree wholeheartedly with Smitty! I bought an 02 Magna from Premiere and and it is still in the renovating restoration process. The good part of this approach is that I know what's going into this rig and how its being sorted. The older rigs are just a template for those who are serious about having a well sorted classic rig built during the "Golden Era" of American luxury motor coach production.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #19

^^^^^THIS 100 percent truth.^^^^^

Fact....Even brand new coach owners spend MONTHS waiting for service at thier respective OEMs for even MINOR issues...

The CC community is AMAZING here and will help you diagnose and fix problems much quicker than leaving your home somewhere unfamiliar..

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
Old 12-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #20

Any thoughts on CC Prevosts? Are they uncommon enough that it's hard to find? I see some on RVTrader, but outside of youtube I don't see much in forums, etc..
Old 12-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #21

IASM thanks for the clarity, makes sense now.

Chris, yes, generally handy until I spend 8 hours fixing something that should've taken 1. Good to know about the electronics. I don't like them so much that I want to thing about them constantly. I'm learning that money up front on an inspection is worth the pain later.

Thanks smac. The more confirmations I read the better I feel.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #22
Community Moderator

You can check this out for Prevost conversions.
https://www.prevostcommunity.com/coaches-for-sale.asp
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #23

Thumbs up

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Any thoughts on CC Prevosts? Are they uncommon enough that it's hard to find? I see some on RVTrader, but outside of youtube I don't see much in forums, etc..
There are some CC Prevost conversions out there.

Look at Legendary Coach too.

Legendary was started by the owner of CC after he sold the company.

I quite like the Legendary and Marathon conversions, though admittedly it's difficult to find one at a decent price versus miles versus no gaudiness...

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
Old 12-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #25

Thanks Chris, I did not know about Legendary and will look that up. Absolutely understand "decent price versus miles versus no gaudiness..." I have liked most of the CC Prevost interiors - don't seem too Vegas.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #26
TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a250gpguy View Post

That said.....My wife after 3 days in a hotel room while waiting on service just said "Its nice to be back home in the coach". Quite frankly she is 100 percent right.
Absolutely! While we still have a house, we've been spending 6 to 7 months per year in the coach and it's extremely livable.

On a different note... why the screen name? (250 gp guy)
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD View Post

On a different note... why the screen name? (250 gp guy)
I road raced 2 stroke 250cc (and 125) grand prix bikes in the AFM and AMA when I was a younger man.. so I am A 250GP GUY

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
Old 12-09-2021, 05:16 AM   #28
TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a250gpguy View Post
I road raced 2 stroke 250cc (and 125) grand prix bikes in the AFM and AMA when I was a younger man.. so I am A 250GP GUY
Ch
I was wondering if that was the case... Me too!

I only did AMA when they came to my track though... Loudon, NH. 1998 to 2002 were my TZ250 racing years (on a brand new 1994 TZ that I found sitting in a crate somewhere) . Got the local championship in 2002 and then stopped racing.

Small world!

OK... Guess I will stop going off topic. 😁

Tony
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote