Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:28 PM   #1

Question Micro-Air

In the October issue is of family RVing there is an advertisement for Micro-Air which is a Thermostat Upgrade. Has anyone upgraded their Thermostat and how did it go?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
In the October issue is of family RVing there is an advertisement for Micro-Air which is a Thermostat Upgrade. Has anyone upgraded their Thermostat and how did it go?

I upgraded mine, it took minutes and works very well. I now when driving have full control of the heat and AC using Bluetooth. When parked with WiFi I can see remotely the coach temperatures and control them.

When ordering mine I didn’t order the breakout pigtail wiring and I should have as my old thermostat was hard wired. Check your thermostat before ordering, if yours is plugged in it will take less time than mine to install.

One thing I did just after installing was checked for firmware updates. There was one so I updated and all went well. In my case the update introduced the Aquahot symbol.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:00 PM   #3

I upgraded mine a couple months ago and really like it. I found the stock LCD display hard to read, this one is illuminated, which is nice. Installation was a breeze for me, just unplug the old thermostat and plug it into the new one. The only caveat is the manufacturer made a bigger hole for the stock thermostat so the new one wouldn't cover the hole so I had to relocate it a little higher and cover the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24296FB6-A58C-4AC8-92F1-24A327D1EA10-694-000001098CC099E3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	346663  
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
A big improvement over the Dometic thermostat that came with the trailer.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #5

We upgraded our old Dometic with an RV Comfort ZC thermostat. Very easy to use and lights up on button pushes.

We thought we would have to utilize the pigtail but low and behold when we plugged it in this thermostat controls all 3 AC units and thier heatpump functions as well.

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Just a quick note - they make a number of different models that are exact replacements. Be sure to use the menu at Micro Air to choose the correct replacement.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:47 PM   #7

Currently have a RC ComfortZC....looking to move up
Old 10-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Currently have a RC ComfortZC....looking to move up
Sweet..Good luck in your search then.

Love to know how it works out for ya!

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #9

Would someone please help me figure out how to take the old model of the wall?
Old 10-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Would someone please help me figure out how to take the old model of the wall?

If I remember correctly there was 1 or 2 tabs at the bottom you push in and tilt the thermostat up. Then it was 4 screws attaching it to the wall.
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #11

Thank you, I have enough to do without breaking stuff
Old 10-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #12

Good thermostat but buggy app / wifi and bad documentation. If they could make the app and Wifi more polished and have better communication of updates and documentation it would be near perfect.

The Wifi just doesn't seem to handle disconnects very well, in the RV my wifi router (Peplink SOHO) goes up and down as it attempts to connect to campground wifi, these are short resets of the wifi but many times the thermostat will go offline and not reconnect to the wifi for days. Resetting the thermostat seems to have no effect, meanwhile all other devices are connected to wifi just fine. This means using bluetooth for app control which is fine in the RV but can no longer monitor remotely or get temp alerts remotely (dog in RV). Wifi simply not very reliable can't count on it.

The app itself is simple but somewhat clunky and very confusing around account setup for wifi remote access. Had issues initially setup up account and I upgraded my phone and after everything restored to new phone their app transferred fine but would no longer connect to their service with a non helpful error, resetting account did not help but its not clear your using existing account or making new one. After exchanging with support they basically said I should delete the app and reinstall, which worked, pretty bad design to have to do that and no instructions to do so.

They push updates to thermostat regularly but have no info anywhere on what the update does, the last update added weather icons and outside temperature based on location which is a really nice feature, but no info anywhere on how it works or where its gets location from. I think it gets location when you connect with bluetooth and uses phone location. I also have the screen on all the time but the weather and outside temp will not update until you tap screen to "wake up" so if you just look at screen to check conditions it can be very out of date like showing temp from last night when you wake up, so makes great feature almost useless, not sure how they missed this in testing. There is no mention of this feature in the manual or on website, it even still says outside temperature requires a specific system with temp sensor, which I don't have.

Despite all that really like the thermostat, the thermostat it self works very well and reliably just frustrating to have some really nice app/wifi features that end up being buggy and not very usable, so close.
jharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:50 AM   #13

Thank you,,nice write up. I am attractive to the timer feature and we have a hotspot.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:53 PM   #14

Recently replaced my original thermostat with the Micro-Air EasyTouch. It was very simple and works well for me. DW LOVES that she can change the thermostat settings from her phone! Remote monitoring, settable alarms for your phone's app and the ability to change any setting for the heat/AC in the RV like I can with my home thermostat are all wonderful!

If I was to make any suggestions for improvement, I would like to see the zone selections on the thermostat's display appear larger in size & further apart. Although I have somewhat normal-sized fingers, I have a very difficult time selecting the individual zones from the display.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Felix & Becky
2007 37' Allure Sunset Bay #31448
fstruys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air