Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My CC Service Experience

We finished up at Country Coach at about 11AM today. In spite of a bit of confusion/communication gaps on day one last week, I am very satisfied with the experience. I had an appointment on July 14 for compartment door replacement and paint work (to correct my own stupidity). That work was done in 3 days with excellent results. Can't tell the new paint from the 7 year old paint (the blend job was outstanding).

I had planned to have another service do my longer list of things but bad timing, travel schedule, etc. prevented that so I came back to CC on Friday to see if they could fit me in. They did and started on my list this Monday. I had a great tech who kept us informed and certainly seemed to know the coach well. They worked with my extended warranty company, Cornerstone, and got coverage for items that I did not think would be covered. We were able to get the coach back every evening so DW and dogs were pleased.

I asked them (pretty much at the last minute) to install a set of Henderson motion control valves that I picked up in Eugene and they took care of that last thing this morning.

Their shop rate of $105 is not the lowest I've paid but they do have a nice facility and considering what Cornerstone covered, the final bill was less that I had anticipated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave 430
It was good news that once things got together a C/C, you were happy with their service. For us (I believe) the service rate here on the west coast it about the same everywhere. One of the places here in SoCal is "Colton Truck" they also do great work and that is what their rate is. I also have a smaller (family owned and runned) RV place that I take my C/C for service and they are the same. Drive safe with your upgraded and improved coach.

Just regarding the paint job... how many days were you out of the coach because of that?
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 430 View Post
It was good news that once things got together a C/C, you were happy with their service. For us (I believe) the service rate here on the west coast it about the same everywhere. One of the places here in SoCal is "Colton Truck" they also do great work and that is what their rate is. I also have a smaller (family owned and runned) RV place that I take my C/C for service and they are the same. Drive safe with your upgraded and improved coach.

Just regarding the paint job... how many days were you out of the coach because of that?
Dave, the compartment door replacement and paint work took three days. However, they gave us the coach every evening so no need to find a flea bag for lodging .

My local Cummins Coach Care shop's rate is $125 I believe. There is a local independent RV shop that I've used that charges $85, basically a mom-and-pop operation.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #4

I live in Maryland but am in Virginia frequently and am looking to buy a CC soon and need a good shop. What is the name/address of yours?
Garynmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garynmike View Post
I live in Maryland but am in Virginia frequently and am looking to buy a CC soon and need a good shop. What is the name/address of yours?
There is a small shop in Salem, VA called Tonie's RV. They can do most things related to the house systems and very limited chassis work. They are friendly and seem to know what they are doing.

In my general area, I have used Tom Johnson's RV in Concord, NC. While they are a 3 1/2 hour drive from my home, I can usually schedule a visit there on the way to or from a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. They are a full service and large dealer and well equipped to do most anything. They are incredibly busy and you need to schedule 3 to 4 weeks out depending on time of year and NASCAR activity. If there is a race in Charlotte, the NASCAR/NHRA drivers and teams keep them covered up.

At this point, I am certainly envious of CC owners (and other brands too) who live in Oregon, CA, Washington and other places near to Coburn and Junction City. It is certainly a great place to get stuff done on our coaches.

Tags
service