Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #15

I had a similar problem that I corrected when I found one of the solenoid valves on the front manifold was leaking and after taking ther coach to HWH they found a pin hole leak in a left rear air bag. I replaced all the air bags and the solenoid valve and all has been good.

2000 Magna
seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
My Magna started dropping the front end overnight. It had leaked down over a few days normally.

I used a Kenworth shop. They found that the Gillig Leveling valve was the culprit.

It was replaced and seems to hold max air for about 2 weeks. Never below 80 psi.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #17

Check the low bag pressure indicators on your 6 pack in the front. I have replaced 2 and have a third leaking now. When soaped bubbles might come out the top back side of the unit so you can’t always see them.

These units on the tag 6 pack are not used so I repurposed them where needed and plugged the 2 holes. Tag 6 pack is I’m the pass side frame rail.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:05 PM   #18

Mystery air leak

This was what I found with an air leak on my rig.
HWH Valve Replacement

Hope this helps
WHOOVER770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:02 PM   #19

Don't know if you Magna has ping tanks but my 2000 Magna does. These two tanks are between front wheels up near the floor of the coach. The tanks are connected to the front air bags. On my coach the fittings to these tanks were leaking. I don't remember my leak being as severe as yours but you should check those fittings as well.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:27 PM   #20

X2 - one of my ping tanks has a swivel connection at the bottom for the water drain and that leaks air when I touch it. That small tank is connected directly to one of the front air bags. On my Affinity the rear tank is reachable from underneath the coach between the front wheels and the front one from the generator compartment. They are small, about the size of a football.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
The ride height valve seals the air into the lines going to the bags and the bags themself.

If they are deflating, it will be there.
Iím curious...

My front end goes down after a day, rear stays up forever...

If each front tire has its own leveler and air bag, then why do both front ones go down exactly the same?

I could see one going flat randomly... but both? Exactly the same?
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by phays View Post
Don't know if you Magna has ping tanks but my 2000 Magna does. These two tanks are between front wheels up near the floor of the coach. The tanks are connected to the front air bags. On my coach the fittings to these tanks were leaking. I don't remember my leak being as severe as yours but you should check those fittings as well.
That is our last course of action. The shop (Colton Truck Terminal) replaced the front leveling valves and the o rings in the six pack. They separately test pressured the front air bags and there is no leakage there. They are going to pressurize those front ping tanks tomorrow, the last possible place a leak can be happening. Hoping for the best!
Old 11-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #23

Any updates to close this out @smacdiesel
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #24

Changing chassis batteries

Given the far more complex and issues we deal with here, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question, but my 2 8D Lifeline chassis/engine batteries have lasted 13 years, so it's been a while since I've changed them. They are now shot. I see the big chassis battery disconnect switch. Flip that switch, remove the cables from the terminals and pull 165 lb. batteries? Pretty straightforward. Any other technical issues? Am I going to have issues if there's no batteries in there for a day? Losing settings, programming for example? It will be plugged into shore power.
birdhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu699 View Post
Iím curious...

My front end goes down after a day, rear stays up forever...

If each front tire has its own leveler and air bag, then why do both front ones go down exactly the same?

I could see one going flat randomly... but both? Exactly the same?

There are three leveling valves total: two at the rear axle (left and right) only one on the center of the front axel. Sounds like the culprit may be the front leveling valve, not the air springs.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #26

Having just replaced the bags on my '01 Intrigue, I am going to say the bags are your issue. My bags looked good while installed on the bus, but once they were removed, showed just how bad they really were. The worst of the dry rot and cracking was not visible while installed. My bus would also leak down and settle over night prior to replacement of all four bags. Now it will hold air for about two days.

It is also much better to make and appointment to have your bags replaced than to have one blowout while you are on the road and be stuck someplace. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #27

Just an update on my air leak issue. All airlines were replaced as well as o rings on the six pack. They performed the soap leak test on everything and couldn't find the leak. The passenger side drops only instead of both sides which is progress. The only culprit Colton Truck terminal assumes the problem to be is the actual six pack manifold itself.
I stopped at Premiere RV services last August and they confirmed with their sonic sensor that indeed the six pack manifold has a leak.

Colton ordered a new unit and we are waiting for it to arrive. Everything seems to be six months out.

I'll give in update when the next step proceeds.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomper View Post
The leveling valves are not in play when the coach is parked and the HWH system is NOT in the travel mode.

My bet would be a solenoid valve. They have O rings that can fail and leak.

NOTE: This applies to the HWH 500 system. I can't say for any other model.

I agree with Boomper. The HWH air leveling system is a separate system from chassis leveling system. The do both use the air bags to perform their individual functions, but you have had them checked and found no leaks. The HWH system uses electric solenoids to control airflow. My coach was having the same problem and it turned out to be two of the solenoids were leaking at the back of each solenoid. The solenoids screw into a manifold and do not have air lines going directly into the solenoids so itís not where one might expect to find a leak. Try soaping the solenoids and see if theyíre leaking. They can be ordered from HWH if you need to replace any of them. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	348246
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, leak