Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Mystery Water System Problem

I have a problem that even my highly experienced go-to repair guy is stumped on. We went on a short trip in January and everything worked fine. Rig sat until the the Texas 2 degree freeze was over. Went on another short trip in March as a "shakedown" before leaving for a 6-7 month to trip SKP Escapade and the northwest area.
When we hooked up to city water we had no water to either in the bathroom or the bedroom lavatories. Rest of the rig was normal flow. I turned off the city water and turned on the water pump. No water anywhere inside. Long story short I found that both lavatory faucets were stopped up with calcium deposit. i connected to city water and all was well. Turned of city water and turned on the water pump....the pump chattered about 30 seconds and stopped. After checking wiring, etc., I removed the out put line on the pump and had a strong flow and great pressure. We have tried blowing through the output line with air pressure and it acts like it is stopped up. We tried pressured air backwards from the lavatories with the same results. As many of you may know, getting into the area behind the water bay panel is no easy task.
My question: has anyone else had a similar problem?
Jerry
2005 Country Coach Inspire Quad Slide w/C9-400 Kitty Kat, 2013 Honda CR-V, "RVing since 1968". Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I have a problem that even my highly experienced go-to repair guy is stumped on. We went on a short trip in January and everything worked fine. Rig sat until the the Texas 2 degree freeze was over. Went on another short trip in March as a "shakedown" before leaving for a 6-7 month to trip SKP Escapade and the northwest area.
When we hooked up to city water we had no water to either in the bathroom or the bedroom lavatories. Rest of the rig was normal flow. I turned off the city water and turned on the water pump. No water anywhere inside. Long story short I found that both lavatory faucets were stopped up with calcium deposit. i connected to city water and all was well. Turned of city water and turned on the water pump....the pump chattered about 30 seconds and stopped. After checking wiring, etc., I removed the out put line on the pump and had a strong flow and great pressure. We have tried blowing through the output line with air pressure and it acts like it is stopped up. We tried pressured air backwards from the lavatories with the same results. As many of you may know, getting into the area behind the water bay panel is no easy task.
My question: has anyone else had a similar problem?
Jerry

Just to be clear, you still do have good flow when hooked up to city water, correct?

If so, then the only suspect lies where the hose outlet from the water pump joins with the rest of the water system, but without a plumbing lay out that could be anywhere. It sounds like where the pump outlet hose joins in, there may be a T that is also clogged, somehow, or there is a check valve (not typically found) downstream from the water pump that is stuck.

I cannot see any other option but to do some exploring of the line from the pump, given that everything works when on city water.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #3

There are check valves that wee installed inline. Could be your problem. Oregon plumbing law. Find them and remove or knock the guts out and reinstall. It’s a crap shoot where they are at several have found in different locations. Did you clean all your screens and pull out your shower valve and clean and replace?
RV-LEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:58 PM   #4

Ljwt330, RV-LEDS, Yes, I have great water flow on city water.
I suspected a shuttle valve or something between the two systems, but have not been successful in finding any. I have a call in for Jim Cooley, service manager at Premier RV of Oregon, so far I have not heard back from him.
I hesitate to start disassembling the wet bay panel until I hear from him. He and his crew are pretty sharp and hope they can supply some good answers.
Jerry
2005 Country Coach Inspire Quad Slide w/C9-400 Kitty Kat, 2013 Honda CR-V, "RVing since 1968". Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Ljwt330, RV-LEDS, Yes, I have great water flow on city water.
I suspected a shuttle valve or something between the two systems, but have not been successful in finding any. I have a call in for Jim Cooley, service manager at Premier RV of Oregon, so far I have not heard back from him.
I hesitate to start disassembling the wet bay panel until I hear from him. He and his crew are pretty sharp and hope they can supply some good answers.
Jerry
You mentioned disconnecting the outlet pipe from the water pump and trying to blow air through. Is it possible that the connector on that pipe to the water pump outlet is also a check valve, or is the pipe simply a push-on to a barb connector, with a clamp?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #6

It is PEX tubing with Sharkbight fittings on the inlet and outlet. No check valves.
Jerry

Tags
problem, water