Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 04:50 PM   #1

Need help with rear air bag valves

I brought my CC Intrigue into a truck service shop to give me a front end alignment, replace broken clamps on the sway bar, and replace two leaky air valves on the rear airbags. They replaced everything and I noticed that the right rear airbag was much higher than the left rear when they were done. They’re now working on it, but they’re not sure why the right rear airbag is sitting so high. It really tilts the coach to one side.

I purged the airbags all the way down. And then I set the motorhome on travel mode. As the airbags filled up again the right rear went way too high again.

There is also some type of warning light on. I can’t see it, because I can’t come into the shop. Some type of electrical issue. Does something need to be reset with the computer for these airbags?

Should I just wait till tomorrow and have them call HWH for advice?
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #2

They should be able to dial back the ride height control valve using the adjustment nut in the bottom of the valve.
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #3

I think he did that. And then the coach looked level until I started it up again and pulled it out and that right side lifted again. Could it be some type of computer glitch.?
Old 05-21-2020, 06:33 PM   #4

The way my system works is the ride height valve controls the inflation of the bag by adding or letting out air. There is linkage connecting it to the axle that operates the valve. If it’s adjusted correctly it should remain correct when traveling?
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #5

two of the air lines may be incorrectly installed. ride height control says down and the valve puts in more air.
farmerstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #6

Yep, could see that being a problem
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:13 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Initially our coach was also leaning towards one side, for that I brought it to an RV shop twice but they never made it right. It took me years to feel comfortable to adjust rear left, right, and front, a couple times even at rest areas on a 9000 mile stretch, finally made it to my satisfaction. It's not hard if you know how it works. Your model year has a lower ground clearance than mine, you might not be able to slide in on your back under there. Realizing not all shops are equal, I'd suggest next time in Eugene OR let one of reputable CC centric shops adjust it; they know their stuff.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #8

Well, they will look at it again tomorrow, and I told them to call HWH for help. The manager spent a lot of time adjusting the linkage, and had it to within 1 inch higher than the other side. But when I pulled it out, the right side lifted about 10 inches higher than the left and stayed that way. makes me wonder if one of the valves was installed upside down. Is that possible?
Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
makes me wonder if one of the valves was installed upside down. Is that possible?
Very unlikely, because the mounting holes and in/out ports could only dictate one direction and fit.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:13 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
If they removed the ride height valve and then twisted the part where the linkage rod attaches, the valve is then 180 degrees off and will act just opposite to what it is supposed to. It will rise when it is supposed to lower and lower when it is supposed to rise.

There is nothing wrong with the electrical art of the leveling system
Old 05-22-2020, 08:29 AM   #11

Need help with rear air bag valves

I agree with dons2346.........I think that the valve adjustment arm is 180 deg out of adjustment. On my '05 Inspire, the arm point towards the rear when at rest. Also, the adjustment "nub" (the collar that the arm is attached to)needs to be checked for the proper orientation, it's different depending on which side of the coach the valve is located. This, if improperly installed, would also explain the problem. There are 4 possible orientation indexes.......only 1 is correct.
GoldenRetrieverAgility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #12
Commercial Member

hwh does not control ride height, except with active air.
we allow the air to travel thru the manifold. when the travel light is lighted on the touch pad, the travel valves are open. both ride height air valves are getting air. we do not control how much a ride height valve goes up or down.
.the ride height valve is part of the coaches suspension, not part of hwh leveling.
as others have said, it sounds like an upside down installation.
have them check the left front ride height valve. if that bag is flat, it will make the right rear appear to be higher than the other side, and especially front to rear.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Front has only one ride height valve.
Rear has two - left and right.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #14
Commercial Member

it was a thought, apparently wrong. that pretty much points to the rear valve.
the only connection hwh has with it is supplying the air to both ride height valves. the pressure isnt controlled left or right, there is either pressure or no pressure thru the valves, to both ride height valves.
after that, its pretty much mechanical adjustment at the ride height valves.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, need help, valve