Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2023, 04:55 PM   #1

need rear camera for 2000 CC Intrigue

Our rear camera has failed on our 2000 CC intrigue. It is displayed on the the factory installed Panasonic 7000 am/fm/CD/monitor unit that is built into the dash.

Due to the age of the coach I suspect this is a hardwire connection.

Can someone please help me find a "plug and play" camera replacement?

We are leaving for our annual Yellowstone trip soon and need to camera to monitor our Jeep that we flat tow behind the motorhome.

Really don't want a wireless system since it would require another display on the dash. We're used to the current system and like how it operates.

Any help wouod be deeply appreciated.

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2023, 04:37 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I had the same issue - someone here on iRV2 suggested I call Tim @ RV Cam. He knew my exact indash monitor model and the right camera to install. He also helped with the wire conversion to allow the new camera to communicate with the old system!

Here is their website: https://www.rvcams.com/mm5/merchant....ategory_Code=1

Hope it goes well for you!
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:52 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I replaced my Sony Camera (and Monitor) from 1995.

If you want to use the current wires from Monitor to Camera you need to install new connectors to the wires at the rear camera.

I used the connectors that came with the camera wire, and successfully deduced the new connection configuration via trial and error.

The colors of the wires and the size of wires are not very important in the 12vdc power.

I did lose the audio feature of the Sony, but my new monitor and camera provide loop recording to an SD Card.

Our CRT monitor in the dash lived in a large hole. So, I sourced a 10" monitor to cover the dash hole.

I really like the wider picture of the new wired system using the old rear camera wires.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:40 PM   #4

I did the same thing as Dean on my 2000 Allure. I used the old wiring, installed a new monitor and was able to dremel out my old housing in the rear to accept the new camera. It was only about 200.00 and about 3 hours of my time.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:51 PM   #5

What have folks done for Panasonic replacement?

My rear camera is now useless at night, 2003 Lexa w Panasonic flip-up dash unit, though current camera is also T’d into my Silverleaf glass dash.

I’d like to replace the full Panasonic system - it is also the feed into the coach Bose system for radio (which we don’t use a lot) and CD changer (which I now never use), but also has a stereo mini Aux Jack that I do have my Bluetooth adapter feed into (which I use for road tunes, and Amazon Firestick for the front drop-down TV.

Would love to increase camera resolution and have a larger camera display, without losing the existing Panasonic functionality, or the composite T into the Silverleaf.

Adding L and R side cameras would be added bonus.
Skypalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:41 PM   #6

Thanks to jr's rv repair in sedro wooley, wa!!
They found a box under the dash on the passenger side that the camera wire from the rear goes into....low and behold the wire had become disconnected..... They plugged it back in a the display is back.
Thank you, john at jr's rv!!!!

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC1212 View Post
Thanks to jr's rv repair in sedro wooley, wa!!
They found a box under the dash on the passenger side that the camera wire from the rear goes into....low and behold the wire had become disconnected..... They plugged it back in a the display is back.
Thank you, john at jr's rv!!!!
Sweet you got.to love the easy fix
Thanks for.closing the loop
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, rear