Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #1

Need to get a new entrance door painted and installed

I've been told that I need a new entrance door for my 05 Magna, found a place that will build a door, now I need to find a place to paint it and install it. Location not a big issue as we travel around. Would prefer to get the door sent to a place and have it painted, then be able to show up and get it installed..

Any ideas out there?
Steve n Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you checked in RV salvage yards for a used one?

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 5/2/16 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I see from your profile that you are based in Pensacola. I would check with Butch Williams who is the service manager at Fountain RV in Lakeland, FL. Butch is a former CC employee and I believe Fountain does collision repair and painting.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I see from your profile that you are based in Pensacola. I would check with Butch Williams who is the service manager at Fountain RV in Lakeland, FL. Butch is a former CC employee and I believe Fountain does collision repair and painting.
No need to go any further
Old 06-16-2016, 12:26 AM   #5

I think the door is the same as an 07 but could be wrong. Butch has a good reputation within the industry.

RV Exterior Body Panels 2007 COUNTRY COACH MAGNA 630 PARTS = RV SALVAGE FOR SALE Country Coach Motorhome Parts | RV/MOTORHOME SALVAGE PARTS | visonerv.com
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #6

I know for what it's worth; Country Coach has a door manufacturer they can use to get replacement doors made as well. I spoke with them awhile back when ordering a new hinge and they said they can get a door for my 2000 Magna if I needed it.

Your approach is probably going to be less expensive than going to CC.
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASM View Post
I think the door is the same as an 07 but could be wrong. Butch has a good reputation within the industry.

RV Exterior Body Panels 2007 COUNTRY COACH MAGNA 630 PARTS = RV SALVAGE FOR SALE Country Coach Motorhome Parts | RV/MOTORHOME SALVAGE PARTS | visonerv.com
that is a nice coach. just the face being knocked out, nobody to restore it?
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
that is a nice coach. just the face being knocked out, nobody to restore it?
Mmm, did you happen to take a look at what was left of the wiring cubby below the driver. Yikers!

That said, I'm inquiring about the curb side panel that covers the grey/black/fresh tanks and cargo door in front of it off that 2005 Inspire that they have. Should be interesting to see how much they want.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:28 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbrnr View Post
Mmm, did you happen to take a look at what was left of the wiring cubby below the driver. Yikers!

That said, I'm inquiring about the curb side panel that covers the grey/black/fresh tanks and cargo door in front of it off that 2005 Inspire that they have. Should be interesting to see how much they want.
their price is probably very high. two years ago i inquired into a storage compartment door, they quoted me $1000 + shipping. at the end i had a body guy repair it for $150 (a lower corner was knocked off).
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:29 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
their price is probably very high. two years ago i inquired into a storage compartment door, they quoted me $1000 + shipping. at the end i had a body guy repair it for $150 (a lower corner was knocked off).
That does seem high for a door from a salvaged coach. I had CC make and replace a badly damaged storage compartment door in 2014. The new door was $1,100. A company in Eugene made the door. Installation, painting of the door and some painting and blending of damage near the door brought the total to $2,100 which I though was fair considering the perfect match to 8 year old paint.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not paying anything like that!

For that amount, I'll buy a semi-decent gun, repair the small dent and squirt it myself! Body and paintwork isn't my fav, but I can sure do it.

Tags
door, install, led, paint