Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

New Country Coach owner questions

We recently purchased a 2000 Country Coach 32ft. Intrigue (sold our Beaver). They are a bit different. I found a 7.5amp fuse in the fuse panel for heated mirrors but I can't find a switch for heated mirrors. Also, in the wet bay, behind a 5 X 10in. panel door where the plumbing drains are, there is a ball valve in a pex line with no markings on it. It looks to be a simple on/off valve. Any ideas what this does?
Thanks for any help, Marty
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Marty, I'm not going to guess on your questions, but welcome to CC ownership!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

I don't have a swutch to turn on the mirror heaters, I think it is on a thermostat. The ball valve you mention could be the fresh water valve so you can fill the on board tank. Do you have what looks like a handle in the sewer bay? That turns the valve.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmm.. I do have a switch for my mirror heaters and my water fill is electric. This is why I didn't want to guess! I'm a fairly new CC owner and others (like Don) have far more experience and knowledge to share.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #5

Look again on the side panel of switches in the cockpit. On the 04 Allure's, it's the middle switch in the last row towards the back. Little box, with a squiggle line thru it, and a little line coming out of the top. (Looks like a rectangle apple or pumpkin.).

My water control is manual, and does have a the handle on protruding from the water bay so it's easy to on/off. Did you get a box of CC documentation with your coach? If so, it should show the water pipes. Could be related to draining, and or weather proofing for winter?

Best of luck to you, and have fun with the new ride,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #6

I have a 1999 Intrigue and have a valve in the wet bay that is the valve that fills the on board fresh water tank. It is located in the wet bay to the left of the black water valve as you face the wet bay. The picture is laying on its back, but it is the white handle in front of the red cover on the cable connector and above the bay light. When connected to city water, the valve turns 90 degrees and you can hear water flow. Low tech, but it works. The electrical wire number chart shows a wire for a switch and solenoid for fresh water, but I clearly do no have that option.

I do not have a switch for the heated mirrors, but the electrical diagrams show that there is a mirror heat controller board that is fused to a 20 amp fuse in the ignition fuse box. I think the suggestion that they are controlled by temperature may be accurate.

The wire number chart does show a wire for a mirror heat switch, but none of the wiring diagrams show a switch, but do show the connection diagram and a wire number for the mirror heat circuit board. I'm willing to guess that you get one or the other, but not both.

I hope this helps.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6625.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	185824  
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #7

Thank you for all the replies. The valve IS for filling the fresh water tank. No I don't have a switch on the left console for the mirror heat. It must be connected to a thermostatic switch or maybe the wipers. Maybe someone else with have an answer.
Thanks again for the replies.
Marty
Old 12-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
Community Moderator

marty, mine is a 2000 intrgue, as what you have but a little longer, 40'.

everyone was correct about the water fill valve. a little tip for the valve though - when you fill the tank, make sure turn off the water pump, or it will keep cycling the entire time.

i don't have a manual switch for heated mirrors. it's easily electronically controlled, so cc made it one less of items for us to handle.

enjoy your new coach!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #9

Welcome to the club LOL. You have yourself one awesome rig! I love these coaches. Anyway I have to agree that the ball valve would be to fill your water tank when connected to city water. Make sure you close the valve when done or you won't have any pressure, learned this the hard way.

I have the same dilemma with our mirrors. We don't usually run ours in the cold weather I wouldn't know if they do work but.... When driving my big truck I have a switch for heated mirrors. I use them even in the summer time as when in the rain and mist it keeps the mirrors clear. I think the switch for the heat is tied in with the defrost setting on the heat ac panel. I may take my infra red temp probe and test this theory, don't wait for my findings, getting things ready for fla departure next week.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #10

Funjnt and Country fit, thanks for your input. The valve on mine does fill the water tank (I tested it). I am puzzled about no switch for the heated mirrors though. In all the semis I drove and my last 2 Beaver motorhomes there was a switch for "mirror heat". Just strikes me odd that Country Coach would think that the owners are not smart enough to flip a switch.
Thanks again for the replies. Marty
Old 12-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #11

I have a 2002 32 ft . That valve in mine fills the fresh water tank when connected to a water hose. I don’t have a switch for the mirrors.

Tags
country coach