Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #29
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
Enjoy! We've had our 1997 Intrigue for about 18 months now and it has been a great one. I like to do my own maintenance and have fixed numerous small things with the only semi big ticket item being the replacement of the original air bags on all 4 corners.....they were overdue!
Beautiful coach! I guess I'm biased but I've come to the opinion that the late 90's were the best looking CC's. The later years are fancier but I'll take classy over fancy any day And also due to the content of the tech inquiries here and on the Yahoo group, ours seem to have a lot fewer issues than the later ones too

BTW did you do the bag replacement yourself too?
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #30
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Awesome coaches. What chassis do you guys have?
Mine is on a CC Dynomax chassis, Cummins 330HP.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #31
DTS

Quote:
Love the rope lights. Did you do that or the previous owner. I don't remember seeing them on that year Intruige.
Quote:
Pretty sure those lights were installed when new.
My '98 doesn't have them. Doesn't mean it wasn't offered that year but were rope lights even a "thing" back in 97/98? Seems like a more recent retrofit to me.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM   #32

My 1998 has them but they were a option. I have a 1999 Intriuge brochure and they are not in the standard or optional equipment.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #33

Pretty sure CC did not have a Dynomax chassis until 2000. If you have a 1998 or older, you have a Gillig chassis for sure. I hear people describing their older coaches as being a "raised rail Dynomax" and that is wrong until about 2000.

Also pretty sure LED strip lights were NOT available when my '97 Intrigue was constructed.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #34

Quote:
My 1998 has them but they were a option. I have a 1999 Intriuge brochure and they are not in the standard or optional equipment.
ALL of my cabinetry has the rope lights along the bottom. Living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The lights are recessed in a groove in the bottom of the cabinets and each room has its own set of switches. It would have been a big pain to do this after the coach was built so my money says they were there when the RV was delivered new back in 1997.
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #35

Gillig got out of the rv market in 1997. The Dynomax was introduced in 1998.
There are some early 1998 models like mine that are on the gillig chassis but most are on the Dynomax.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #36
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Pretty sure CC did not have a Dynomax chassis until 2000. If you have a 1998 or older, you have a Gillig chassis for sure. I hear people describing their older coaches as being a "raised rail Dynomax" and that is wrong until about 2000.

Also pretty sure LED strip lights were NOT available when my '97 Intrigue was constructed.
I don't want to argue with you, as you seem pretty sure of yourself. But all of my documentation says its a Dynomax Chassis. I even have the Dynomax owners manual that came with it.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #37

Quote:
ALL of my cabinetry has the rope lights along the bottom. Living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The lights are recessed in a groove in the bottom of the cabinets and each room has its own set of switches. It would have been a big pain to do this after the coach was built so my money says they were there when the RV was delivered new back in 1997.

I would say yours defiantly came right from the factory with them.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Beautiful coach! I guess I'm biased but I've come to the opinion that the late 90's were the best looking CC's. The later years are fancier but I'll take classy over fancy any day And also due to the content of the tech inquiries here and on the Yahoo group, ours seem to have a lot fewer issues than the later ones too

BTW did you do the bag replacement yourself too?
I did not end up doing the air bags myself. I did purchase them online and stewed over doing it myself for a while but in the end I just paid a heavy duty truck repair shop to do the install. There are only a couple of bolts on each end of the bags so it isn't complicated at all. I had a guy tell me that I could count on at least one bolt per bag being seized after soo many years and I would either need to heat it to get it out or more likely it would snap off and have to be torched out so I elected to pay ($$$) someone else to deal with it. The bags are easy to find on the internet so I bought them to save a few bucks and any potential delay in the shop getting parts in and took my bags to the repair facility for them to install. FYI the shop had to deal with 3 seized bolts between the 4 bags. You should check yours if they are the original bags. My front ones were really bad! The rears looked ok but I opted to replace all 4 at once. The shop also replaced all the mounting bolts and air line fittings at the same time.

This was the driver's side front HOLY CRAP view looking at it from behind the front tire while it was fully extended .

The view after it was removed...

New bags...

Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #39
DTS

Quote:
This was the driver's side front HOLY CRAP view looking at it from behind the front tire while it was fully extended .
Crikey! Yeah I'll definitely take a closer look at mine next chance I get!
Old 06-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Crikey! Yeah I'll definitely take a closer look at mine next chance I get!
My coach sat in storage for almost 2 years before I bought it and I would bet the bags were fully collapsed over themselves for most of that time which might explain the dry rot. You will want to air it all the way up to check them and look at both front and rear sides of all the bags.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #41

Quote:
These lights are not LED.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #42

New to us!! 1998 Intrigue

Quote:

I also have a Dynomax chassis on my 98 Allure, build #30146.

If there's any Mods on here, please consider making this a sticky for "Vintage" Country Coach information, or something titled like that. As others have stated, these are in a class of their own! All great looking coaches, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum