Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #1

New wiper arms for 2002 Allure

Hello All,

Well i have been searching around for replacement wiper arms for my CC. I contacted Kevin W and he told me to contact AM Equipment. Well I did that and was told that they did not make the wiper arms for my coach and to check there parts guide:

https://www.amequipment.com/rv-replacement-parts-guide

Well I checked the guide and it was not there. In another post they posted pictures of there arms and they looked just like mine and AM said they were part #741-2900 i believe but they never said anything about fitment or not.

So what to do? My arms are 29.5 inches from center of main nut to the top of the arm. Currently one of my arms does not stay tight so if I need to use them it will become out of adjustment.

I will try to post some pictures when I can this weekend.

R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703
hcbradley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #2

Here are a few pictures of the wiper arms on my Allure.

R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191119_163412.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	267390   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191119_163416.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	267391  

Name:	20191119_163425.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	267392  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #3

Have you taken the arm off yet? There is a small metal piece that adapts the arm to the stud. Mine broke and the arm would not stay tight. They sell a hardware kit that includes that piece. I replaced the broken one and bought a spare to carry incase the other one has an issue.

Sorry for the rotated pics, dam cell phone.

Name:	IMG_1130 (Medium).JPG
Views:	55
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	267418 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181 (Medium).JPG
Views:	51
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	267419
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:01 AM   #4

Sanddan,

The issue with mine is on the second or smaller arm, as it is adjustable not fixed. the adjustable lever arm part is broken and will not stay tight now. so when i use the wipers the passenger side wiper does not remain straight it moves around. So the only way to fix the issue i believe is to replace the whole wiper arm assembly. But I am not sure who makes it or where to get a replacement.

R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703
Old 11-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #5

Although I have not used this place there have been a few past posts about them. I guess you fill out the form and they will get back with you:

Wiper Blades TRU Vision Motorhome RV

Good luck and let us know what ya find out,
greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #6

You might give the Pats Guru, Kevin, at Premier RV Services a call. We just had new arms put on our 04 Allure. A much more heavier duty unit then the ones we replaced (That looked like yours, except we had added 'cheater springs' which had helped some. But even with the spring adding extra tension to pull the blade to the windshield - it was never ever very good of a wipe!).

I have not used the new blades in rain yet, but when lifting the blade off of the windshield to clean it, I can tell it's much stronger pressure on the windshield.

Sorry. I don't have the part number of the units we used. He had some in stock, of which one was 1" shorter then the other. As we were leaving Premier that day, I went ahead with the 1" difference. I can tell while looking out of the coach, but when I asked my wife if she noticed anything different while looking out of the coach - she did not pick up the 1" difference.

Suggest you take a measurement of your arm, to cross reference with Kevin.

Kevin's good people! Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbradley3 View Post
Hello All,

Well i have been searching around for replacement wiper arms for my CC. I contacted Kevin W and he told me to contact AM Equipment. Well I did that and was told that they did not make the wiper arms for my coach and to check there parts guide:

Well I checked the guide and it was not there. In another post they posted pictures of there arms and they looked just like mine and AM said they were part #741-2900 i believe but they never said anything about fitment or not.

So what to do? My arms are 29.5 inches from center of main nut to the top of the arm. Currently one of my arms does not stay tight so if I need to use them it will become out of adjustment.

R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703

Another potential source for you is ROME TRUCK PARTS, send photos to them showing the measurements, both the length and the spacing at the bridge where the wiper connects, yours appears to be 1.75 inches.

The phone number is 800-284-4345 or you can email the the photos with description of your Wiper Arms to
Michael@rometruckparts.com

Ray
2000 Intrigue 11040
Old 11-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Hello All,

R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703

From an old Yahoo Country Coach Group which might be helpful.

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	267528
Old 11-21-2019, 02:18 PM   #9

So thanks CntryCoachRV, as Rome Truck Parts had one in stock. Now they will not be getting anymore as it is an ANCO product and they are no longer making them. Apparently Trico bought them out and everything is changing. So we may have to find one that AM Equipment makes that works and fits the same for the future.

Thanks for the help.
R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703
Old 11-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
So thanks CntryCoachRV, as Rome Truck Parts had one in stock. Now they will not be getting anymore as it is an ANCO product and they are no longer making them. Apparently Trico bought them out and everything is changing. So we may have to find one that AM Equipment makes that works and fits the same for the future.

Thanks for the help.
R/--
Harry
2002 CC Allure 32' 30703
Glad they could help you, I ordered two for my 2000 Intrigue from Rome Truck Parts earlier this week, I should receive them tomorrow, hope these will last until the coach gives out. Originals have functioned for almost 20 years.

Ray Herron
2000 Intrigue
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #11

This same issue is on my fix list. On drive back home after purchasing coach the passenger blade went wild turning horizontal. Needing wipers in a snow storm I resorted to some small vice grips clamping the secondary arm so it would hold blade alignment.
So these arms are hard to find? I'd rather not run around with a redneck wiper fix......I assumed every bus had a similar arm and replacements available?
Windward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #12

Wiper Arm Replacement Update
I ordered commercial grade 29" pantograph arms from AM Equipment p/n# 761-2900 at a cost of $252 for two arms. Took them a while to build them but they finally got here. I could not believe the difference in these arms. They are some substantial arms with heavy duty springs to hold them to the windshield. The angle of the wiper blade is held with a knurled mount that once set will not move unlike the cheap clamp of the pano arm of the stock arm. Here is a picture of the original and the replacement arm.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WiperArms.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	278245   Click image for larger version

Name:	WiperArmSpring.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	278246  

Windward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #13

Thanks all for the wiper info. AM Equip. had all the needed parts for my broken pano. arm. Prices aren't that bad. It seems there is slack when the arm comes to a stop right and left. I assume this is a worn out motor. Rider side worse than driver side. I ordered extra when and if the other side breaks. I guess the motors are next at $155.00 each.
Thanks again, Don
Lacota is offline   Reply With Quote