Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #15

John,
Sorry, been busy. Coach is sitting in my shop with the bags dumped. I'll be heading over Monday to put a tape measure to it.
Being mounted upside down does not affect performance as long as the actuator shaft was in the correct position.
If it was me I would be looking things over closely. Do the bags look like they have been replaced?
Looking on the bright side at least your going to be a pro at ride height adjustment.

Brett

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #16

Brett,

No kidding! I am learning a ton. You are correct the valve works even if its upside down, but it does raise the connection point of the linkage, thats why I was out of room for adjustment. When I flipped it over, the linkage easily had lots of adjustment left. One of my airbags is a Neway and the other is a Firestone. I assume the Neway is OEM.

I really appreciate you looking at yours. Some real world measurements would really be helpful. I am curious what a fully inflated air bag looks like. A Pic would be awesome. When your underneath the coach adding air it kinda makes a guy nervous, I don't want to add too much air while my face is a few inches away.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #17

John,
Here are my measurements:
Rear ground to center wheel well is 44 1/8, and 44 1/4.
Front ground to center wheel well is 44 on both sides.
Rear airbags are 10 3/8, and 10 1/2.
Front shock center bolt to center bolt is 17 3/4.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1479775147.237066.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	144922

Old 11-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #18

Brett,

This helps a lot! I really appreciate the time you took to lend me a hand. Seeing this pic I can probably raise my air bags a little higher to achieve a higher ride height. I am busy for the thanks-giving week, but I will take a closer look at this when I get home
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #19

John,
Your welcome, anything else just let me know.
Also, when I adjust mine I always drain the wet tank first. That way it won't add air while I am under the coach. I have original bags, and like you don't want them to blow while I am right there.