Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 06:44 PM   #1

No 110vac power in 2000 Intrigue

Help!!!!
I'm not getting any 110vac power in my 2000 CC Intrigue.
Gen set runs fine, no AC.
No Shore power from my at home rv shed.

This has happened in the past when I've overloaded the 110vac system and it pops a breaker on the inverter. Not now....all inverter breakers are in operating position. All breakers are in on position.

Its winter and we need the 110vac to work.

Was running fine on my rv shed power, I had to move coach today, started generator no ac. Shut off and tried 4 different times. Plugged back into ac after about an hour no joy, still no ac.

The factory installed surge protector is in the bedroom closet but I have no idea where the transfer switch is located.

Any help would be appreciated.

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 07:37 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Check GFCI at your bed side of passenger side.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Does the surge protector have a blinking red light or two solid lights?
Old 11-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #4

lights on surge protector

I'll go out and check in the morning.

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:17 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
This happened in my 98 Intrigue many years ago and I couldn’t figure it out. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the inverter for 3k. It solved the problem until the 2nd trip, then same thing. After shutting down the inverter charger and resetting it’s 2 breakers I discovered the bedroom GFI would not reset. I replaced it for $15.00 and problem solved. From time to time when plugging in at a campground the problem would reoccur. I found I would have to disconnect shore power and all 3 of my battery negative cables for 15 minutes then reconnect shore power and all cables, then-turn the inverter back on. Then reset the bedroom GFI and problem solved. I invested in an external surge guard and never had the problem again. My camping buddies would joke Thai I had a 3k GFI as I never needed a new inverter charger. Hope this helps!
JES3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:43 AM   #6

This is kind of basic, but make sure the breaker on the generator did not trip. It will start and run, but will not make power if it is.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #7

There are lots of possible causes. Knowing how the RV electrical systems work is the key to troubleshooting.

Switches and controls on the various devices are the first thing to look for. Get make and model of each device for better advice. Read instructions for how to operate them.

Make and model of:
ATS ?
Inverter?
Surge protector?

Are there two circuit breaker boxes? One main box and one inverter powered box?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Charging Lead Acid Bat.pdf (131.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Storing Lead Acid Batteries.pdf (101.5 KB, 26 views)
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #8

If you see two red lights on the surge protector, that means that shore power is there at that point. My suggestion would be to find the transfer switch and give it a 'love tap" while power is applied to the coach. Make sure the circuit breaker on the generator is on. Turn it off and then reset it just to make sure. Same thing with the inverter. Use either the generator or shore power and do not have both applied at the same time.

Also do what Steve suggested about the GFI. For it to reset, power has to be there
Old 11-28-2022, 07:35 PM   #9

No power from either shore or generator? Most likely is your transfer switch (or terminations within its box) has failed. It's the first thing in line that is common with both sources.

Consider a big box store tool dept run for a Klein or Fluke non-contact voltage detector. Without opening a connector or junction box you can determine if 120VAC is present. You should be able to verify your shore power outlet, follow power up the cord, and from whatever wires or cables emerge from whatever box the show power cord leads to. Disconnect shore power and fire up the generator, verify there is power on the wires exiting the generator, and then where those wires arrive in your electrical bay (probably at the transfer switch).

If you're handy with a voltmeter and experience working on energized circuits, all the better.

Let us know what you find, and good luck.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:44 PM   #10

Check your 300w Maxi fuse coming off of the inverter. Should have 12v power on both sides of the terminals. This sounds like the problem I just had?
Clockburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a 2000 Intrigue, the transfer switch went bad on mine with same symptoms. The transfer switch is located behind the main breaker box on drivers side in the bedroom closet, above the bed. You have an access panel above bed. Good luck. I replaced mine, it’s a bear, sore ribs for a few days.
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:17 PM   #12

Haven't heard from the OP in a few days so probably he is up and running

Tags
power