Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

No Ac power

I have been gone for a couple of weeks, and had my motorhome plugged into a 30 amp house plug, like I have been doing for a month or so.

When I got back today, everything was dead and the house batteries w're drained. The chassis batteries are still ok, it seems.

I tested the house power and cord going into the motorhome, and it is good. But something is not working inside the motorhome to let it go through.

At one point, I reset the main 50 and 30 breakers in the motorhome, and I had a brief time where the RS2000 panel lit up. But it showed that it was only taking in about 7 amps.

What should I do?
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The first thing I would do is unplug and fire up the generator and see what happens.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #3

Start the engine to get the house batteries up to 10 volts , at least. Then see if the inverter/charger takes over.

They won't charge dead batteries. Running the engine will send some charging to them.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #4

I tried to start the generator with the boost button, but there wasn't enough juice. But I was able to start the engine, and then start the generator. The generator was just serviced, but from time to time it will turn off with no warning.

I just noticed that the error code "F26" is showing on the panel, with an explanation of "internal inverter/charger failure". There is nothing else showing on the panel, and my guess it that the house batteries will not charge, but I will have power until the turn off the generator.

Update, now the panel shows that 20v is coming inform the generator (or maybe from house power). Since this motorhome is 15 years old, should I just replace the inverter, and that would solve the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5206.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	313775  
Old 01-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Not sure this is helpful...

We have the RS3000. I did not change the PowerShare to 15a. The breaker tripped. Ran down my house batts. And chassis batts. I charged them all individually and reconnected. I set PowerShare to 15a and then I set the inverter to hibernate. When I start up, I then need to hit the reset button on the inverter. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #6

You had your battery disconnect switch off. The battery was not being charged.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Internal failure can be anything bad inside the box such as PCB or inductance coil failure... If you are good at electronics you can open the box and identify if capacitors or other components were burned. Otherwise getting a good inverter might not be unreasonable.

Generally speaking, Xantrex inverters aren't on the same par with Magnum's reliability per se. It might have been purely coincident but I have known two RS3000's failed prematurely. Food for thoughts.

Edit:
Before getting a new unit, you may try these steps:
- Find the Reset button on the inverter. Press and hold for 15 seconds to complete a master reset.
- You may call Xantrex and hear what they'd say. Good luck!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstewart View Post
I tried to start the generator with the boost button, but there wasn't enough juice. But I was able to start the engine, and then start the generator. The generator was just serviced, but from time to time it will turn off with no warning.

I just noticed that the error code "F26" is showing on the panel, with an explanation of "internal inverter/charger failure". There is nothing else showing on the panel, and my guess it that the house batteries will not charge, but I will have power until the turn off the generator.

Update, now the panel shows that 20v is coming inform the generator (or maybe from house power). Since this motorhome is 15 years old, should I just replace the inverter, and that would solve the problem?
Why would you replace a working inverter???? Find the problem and fix it. Don't just through parts at it!!!
Old 01-08-2021, 06:18 AM   #9

I agree with Cavie, find the problem FIRST. I would recommend when you do get it figured out then consider replacing those Xantrex inverters with Magnum for sure. If those inverters lasted 15 years you have been living on borrowed time with them. Xantrex is bad at best. Just my thoughts.
RV-LEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:05 AM   #10

My inverter is PS mid-shop above the house batts behind a metal plate secured by wing nuts. The reset button is facing you. Can’t miss it.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #11

Update

After running the generator for several hours, the batteries are charged and I am plugged into shore power. I have enough shore power to run things and keep the batteries charged.

Another warning said that the invertor was too hot, and it shutdown, but that was last night. Today it seems that it is working ok. I will go into the storage bay and check it out later..

If my storage bay is stuffed too full with things around the inverter, would that cause it to fail?
Old 01-08-2021, 07:19 AM   #12

Maybe I am wrong about location, I know I saw something like an inverter above on my storage bay but maybe it’s in the battery area.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #13

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Mine's above the batteries, too, behind a metal plate.
Steve
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
With Skye the mini-Aussie velocimuncher and Maybelle, her ferocious little half-sister
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean n Steve View Post
Mine's above the batteries, too, behind a metal plate.
Steve
Ours is also behind metal plate above batteries. 04 Intrigue

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power