Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Aux or boost connects the chassis battery to the house battery circuits, like a jumper cable.

Now check the house battery ground cable for good clean connection at the point on the chassis and at the battery.

As a test, use a jumper cable from the house negetive to a clean metal spot on the chassis. If things come alive, you know its the ground. Car jumper cables will work fine for the test.
Agree! I just did this two weeks ago when my old Jeep died in the driveway and would crank but not start.

The jumper cable to a ground connection proved that my negative battery connector was not making good contact.

Happy to find a cost free solution. I was.....
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #30

perhaps these will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf magna1.pdf (81.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf magna2.pdf (76.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf magna3.pdf (102.5 KB, 14 views)
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Sorry for not answering questions in a timely fashion..I kept running back and forth from the motorhome to read your suggestions...then running back out to the coach to perform the tests.

The problem was the 200 amp red push-button house battery breaker!! All the breakers were corroded with some degree of rust.

As a last resort, I took a rubber mallet and began pounding each breaker to make sure they were reset. When I smashed the house breaker...rather hard I might say...I heard the house batteries kick on.

I guess sometimes pounding something actually does work. Eternal thanks to all who helped my find the answer!!

BEST FORUM EVER!! I'll try to help other who have similar issues. I'm off to QUARTZSITE 2020 for the annual RV show. THANK YOU!!

Alex

P.S. I'm only at the beginning of repairing my motorhome.
BigALBigRig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power