Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
The Samsung refrig mentioned here has been discontinued....however, some of the Sears outlets have them new at $450 each.... Samsung - RF197ACRS - 18.0 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator | Sears Outlet
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
I've had four ammonia refers...all of their performance improved remarkably after adding fans. Check archives.
Where are these fans available from?
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:40 AM   #17

Check archives...many combinations and sources for 12vdc computer fans.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
Check archives...many combinations and sources for 12vdc computer fans.
I haven't figured out how to search for things on this site. : (
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:16 AM   #19
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve11669 View Post
I haven't figured out how to search for things on this site. : (

Here is some help on the search feature.

As for adding fans, I would wonder why you would add fans if this is a new problem that has just occurred. Seems the problem needs to be addressed.
the drain tube is a very common failure item and you would be amazed at how much the temps will go up if it is cracked. They can crack up beyond your reach and may require the refer to be pulled out a bit to gain access.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	127162  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #20

Run through the troubleshooting in the service manual (available for free on the interweb). Any error codes?
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #21

Don't mean to take this tread off target,,, I have been searching for what Norcold 1200 series frig's should have for temps. I just turned the unit on for this season. Frig is empty and has been running on 120 shore power for 3 days.
There are two mini fans clipped on the cooling fins in the lower half. Outdoor temps are about 75 degrees. I put an indoor/outdoor thermometer probe in the freezer and it reads 10 degrees. The lower compartment reads 45 degrees. I set the control at #1 coldest ?
My concern is ,,is this a normal temp level. The 5er is in full sun, and dose get
morning sun on the frig exterior wall. I do not have a circulating fan at the rear of the frig. Lower and upper vents are clear top to bottom.
My 5er is a 07 presidential suite if that matters.

CLIFF
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:17 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford j View Post
Don't mean to take this tread off target,,, I have been searching for what Norcold 1200 series frig's should have for temps. I just turned the unit on for this season. Frig is empty and has been running on 120 shore power for 3 days.
There are two mini fans clipped on the cooling fins in the lower half. Outdoor temps are about 75 degrees. I put an indoor/outdoor thermometer probe in the freezer and it reads 10 degrees. The lower compartment reads 45 degrees. I set the control at #1 coldest ?
My concern is ,,is this a normal temp level. The 5er is in full sun, and dose get
morning sun on the frig exterior wall. I do not have a circulating fan at the rear of the frig. Lower and upper vents are clear top to bottom.

CLIFF
Computer style pancake fans at the top of the vents in the back wall pulling the air in from the bottom and out through the top give the best results.
Your temps are too high for best results, refer should be about 35° and the freezer should be close to 0°. Even after all that and changing the cooling unit to an Amish unit ours wouldn't cool to those temps though. Cured it by trading for a bigger MH with a 22 CF Jenn Air refer/freezer.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:59 PM   #23

I run my Norcold at setting 4 or 5. If I remember correctly 1 is warmest and 9 is coldest. Refer is 33-40F and freezer is 8-10F.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford j View Post

CLIFF
You have it set on the warmest setting. The #1 setting is the warmest and the #9 setting is the coldest. When I first turn ours on I set it at 8, within about 8 hours the fridge is down to about 34 degrees and the freezer is between 0 and 5 degrees. We put the food in and then after about 24 hours I need to turn it down to 6 or the fridge gets too cold. I also use a small fridge fan inside the fridge which keeps the air circulating and helps with the cooling ability.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:11 AM   #25

My model 1200 only gets to low 40s. I just added 2 fans. 1 dc and the other is ac. Didn't lower the inside temp. It's a 2004.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:41 AM   #26

The Norcold recall box triggered to the shutdown mode. I could not get it to magnet reset. The RV dealer got approval to troubleshoot and repar the recall box to be paid by Norcold. They got the recall box to magnet reset and found the sensor was mounted an inch lower on the heat stack than specs. They also found the 2 fans were inop and wanted 2 hours plus parts to fix it. Estimate was $300 to be paid by me. I replaced the fans myself for $25. I've been in Palm Sgrings for 5 days of 100+ heat and the fridge is doing good. The dealer got rude after I said I would elect not to pay them $300 to address the fan issue
Old 06-05-2016, 03:50 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
The NotSoCold 1200 fridges are the biggest POC ever built and end up to be BIG money pits.

The best place for them is the nearest dump BEFORE they burn you RV to the ground.

End of rant!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The NotSoCold 1200 fridges are the biggest POC ever built and end up to be BIG money pits.

The best place for them is the nearest dump BEFORE they burn you RV to the ground.

End of rant!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
That's a pretty broad statement. So you don't think they've made some improvements overs the years. I know one is too many but do you even know how many MH fires were actually caused by the Norcold fridges. Ours works great, gets so cold we need to turn it down to the #6 setting after a few days, then it is 35 degrees in the fridge and 0 degrees in the freezer. Our residential fridge in the house runs about the same temps, and is sitting inside a nice cool house. Not a POC in my opinion.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold