Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Nu Heat heated floor

Jim Barone here, full timing in a 2001 Affinity. We are currently in Lafayette Louisiana and will be here until April 1. Iím trying to get my Nu Heat floor working. Iíve checked the 20 amp breaker, labeled Nu Heat and I have power to and through the breaker. The thermostat has power and the temperature can be adjusted with the arrows. The wavy lines, indicating Heat are visible on the thermostat. The problem is the floor is cold. Iíve researched the site for help but only hear about how wonderful heated floors are. I want to be happy too. Any suggestions about troubleshooting will be appreciated. Jim Barone, 2001 Affinity (6004) fulltiming in Lafayette Louisiana.
James Barone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Barone View Post
Jim Barone here, full timing in a 2001 Affinity. We are currently in Lafayette Louisiana and will be here until April 1. Iím trying to get my Nu Heat floor working. Iíve checked the 20 amp breaker, labeled Nu Heat and I have power to and through the breaker. The thermostat has power and the temperature can be adjusted with the arrows. The wavy lines, indicating Heat are visible on the thermostat. The problem is the floor is cold. Iíve researched the site for help but only hear about how wonderful heated floors are. I want to be happy too. Any suggestions about troubleshooting will be appreciated. Jim Barone, 2001 Affinity (6004) fulltiming in Lafayette Louisiana.

We have Nuheat floors in our home and coach. About a year ago two of my home floors stopped working. The thermostats looked OK and I could adjust the temperature but the floor stayed cool. I tested the floor and the continuity appeared fine so I tried a new thermostat and instantly the floor began working. I then went and bought a second new thermostat and the other floor began to work. The solution surprised me as it appeared the thermostats were fine but how do I go back on having success.
2-Nickels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #3

I lost the NuHeat floor heat a while back. It turned out to be overheated connections in the connection box where the thermostat wiring connect to the heating grid. On my Magna the box was located below the refrigerator. It got hot enough over time to annealed the copper wiring which then broke. I trimmed back the bad grid wiring then spliced new high temperature wire. The connection was crimped then soldered. I wrapped the repair with high temperature fiberglass tape. The new wires were then reconnected to the thermostat wiring.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses. Based on the info youíve provided, my analysis of the problem and a discussion with Nuheat, Iíve ordered a replacement thermostat. It will be here Saturday and I will follow up with the results. Thanks again, Jim Barone, 2001 Affinity, currently in Cajun Country, Lafayette, Louisiana
Old 12-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #5

Hello James,

How did you make out with the new thermostats?
2-Nickels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #6

Not good ... the thermostat did not solve the problem... the load appears to be open... now must find the connection to the grid. I fear it is below and behind the washer/dryer... big job to look there ...I’ll keep you informed.. Jim Barone full timing in Lafayette Louisiana
Old 01-31-2019, 08:11 PM   #7

I had the same problem
It turned out to be a Molex connector. I went through everyplace and then pulled the bottom drawer under the dresser. Replaced it with an outdoor waterproof box. I also replaced the thermostat to a simple non-programable. All fixed and works great.

Tags
floor, heat