Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Obsolete Air Bag (Air Spring)

2008 Country Coach Allure 470 (45') Needs New Front Air Bags - the original equipment is Firestone W01-358-8733. I can't seem to find these anywhere. I am told that W01-358-8636 will also work. Any suggestions? I can't be the first person to have this problem.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
BCNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #2

See the comments by turbine52 in this thread. His 08 Allure 470 isn't as long as yours, but perhaps it has the same suspension.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #3

Knowing websites this could be obsolete as well but give em a call:

https://shop.hansfreightliner.com/ai...-2-393705.html

never know,
greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ55 View Post
See the comments by turbine52 in this thread. His 08 Allure 470 isn't as long as yours, but perhaps it has the same suspension.
Thanks! I spoke to Greg at Oregon Motor Coach today. I previously worked with Kevin Waite. Both are incredibly knowledgeable and VERY helpful. Both are also mentioned in that thread. I highly recommend their services.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
Knowing websites this could be obsolete as well but give em a call:

https://shop.hansfreightliner.com/ai...-2-393705.html

never know,
greg
Thanks! Last weekend, I discovered Han's and I was excited when they showed availability of my discontinued air bags. However, on Monday, I found out that there was an error and they did not have them. Bummer! I will keep them in mind for future needs.

Thanks again!
Old 10-20-2021, 08:28 AM   #6

Back in
May when I was searching for front bags( I started the referenced thread) I learned that my front end is built by Reyco Granning. I called them and got an extremely knowledgeable technician. He remembered when they sold to country coach and looked up the details , called me back in 30 minutes and said they had bags on the shelf .

Now, since I have a Sunset Bay, the front end may be lighter than those for longer coaches. However, the guy told me to just look at the serial number metal tag on my front axle assembly. Well , of course the tag is missing. But he was able to confirm what I had from sales records. The Reyco price was half of the OMC price. Got Colton to give a price adjustment and have since logged about 7000 miles, no issues. Just for info, the front axle rating I have is 16,600 pounds.
Jonathan, 2008 Allure Sunset Bay 37 425 ISL #31609
jonemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemw View Post
Back in
May when I was searching for front bags( I started the referenced thread) I learned that my front end is built by Reyco Granning. I called them and got an extremely knowledgeable technician. He remembered when they sold to country coach and looked up the details , called me back in 30 minutes and said they had bags on the shelf .

Now, since I have a Sunset Bay, the front end may be lighter than those for longer coaches. However, the guy told me to just look at the serial number metal tag on my front axle assembly. Well , of course the tag is missing. But he was able to confirm what I had from sales records. The Reyco price was half of the OMC price. Got Colton to give a price adjustment and have since logged about 7000 miles, no issues. Just for info, the front axle rating I have is 16,600 pounds.
Thanks for all the info. I will certainly check into Reyco!
Old 10-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCNV View Post
Thanks for all the info. I will certainly check into Reyco!

Bear in mind there are still many vehicles, at least back to the late 70’s, that have air spring suspensions and I bet there are still sources for them.
My bet = 5 cents.

Good luck with the air spring sourcing.
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:10 PM   #9

I have your coach. Did my bags Aug 2019. Correct Firestone bag is 8636. Got mine from Stengel Bros. PM if you need Reyco's PN for bags or suspension.
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air